• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Settle to Carlisle closed : is a NE Rover then valid via the WCML ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justin Smith

I`m thinking of getting a North East Rover in June but the Settle Carlisle is still closed. Does that mean I can use an alternative route (on the NE Rover) via Manchester and the WCML when travelling from Sheffield to Carlisle ?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Harpers Tate

Established Member
Having just used such a Rover myself (though not via the S&C nor the WCML), I haven't seen any relaxation made public - and there is a bustitution in place which theoretically (if not ideally) covers it.

Trainfan344

Established Member
Throw a tweet at Virgin Train (@VirginTrains) and ask them seems like a good idea in this situation.

Tetchytyke

Veteran Member
There is a Rail Replacement Bus from Appleby and Carlisle, which covers it, and it is known disruption. VIA APPLEBY priced tickets are not valid on other routes. I would highly doubt that the Freedom of the North East rover will be.

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I suspect this is going to fall into the realms of not officially permitted (as it is known about and there is a bus replacement service) but asking a guard politely before travel might yield a positive result.

Solent&Wessex

Established Member
The staff briefing on the matter said No, there was no relaxation applying to these tickets via Manchester.

There was a temporary relaxation which allowed travel for Rte Appleby tickets via Penrith, Preston and Burnley to Leeds and vv, for people who had purchased tickets prior to the disruption starting, but my understanding is that will not apply in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.