• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Settlement Association

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

High Dyke

Established Member
East Hatley also has a church built of flintstone, though it is now de-consecrated.

The parish church of Sutton Bridge is dedicated to St Matthew, and is the only flintstone church in Lincolnshire.

DerekC

Established Member
The Happisburgh lifeboat is called "Spirit of Berkhamsted". Now I need to find out why!

Ah - because the RNLI branch there raised the money for the new boat in none months.

Last edited:

EbbwJunction1

Established Member

DerekC

Established Member
James Preston Joule, the discoverer of the relationship between heat and work, lived in Sale but was born in Salford.

Are we allowed to use a family name rather than that of a settlement on the Settlement Association quiz?

Yes, sorry I should have added that the ancestral home of the Mitford sisters was Mitford.

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
The River Sheppey, which flows alongside the main street at Dinder, has its source in a group of springs west of the village of Doulting, near Shepton Mallet in Somerset.

Looking at the emboldened word, it is only two postings ago since Shepton Mallet was set, but I notice that Doulting was shown as underlined, so I will go with that one.....

Peak Dale in Derbyshire also has a stone quarry.

EbbwJunction1

Established Member
Looking at the emboldened word, it is only two postings ago since Shepton Mallet was set, but I notice that Doulting was shown as underlined, so I will go with that one.....

Peak Dale in Derbyshire also has a stone quarry.

Sorry .... Chapel-en-le-Frith also has a town band.

High Dyke

Established Member
The Aberdeen Exhibition and Conference Centre is relocating to a new site in Dyce. The £333 million project is a joint venture between Aberdeen City Council and developer Henry Boot. Work is expected to start by mid-2016, with completion in late 2018.

Henry Boot (1851-1931) was born a farmer’s son in the small village of Heeley, near Sheffield