• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Sevenoaks - London Bridge - Tooting Broadway

Status
Not open for further replies.

jprice

Hi guys,

We are moving to Sevenoaks in May and I am looking into the ticketing options for commuting into London after we move.

I will need to commute 4 days a week from Sevenoaks (~7.30am) to London Bridge, then get the tube to Tooting Broadway.

I have thought of buying a daily travel card from Sevenoaks to London Bridge (£19.90 return) then using my Oyster card to get to Tooting Broadway (£3.10x2). So that will bring my total travel cost to £26.10 daily/£104.40 weekly/~£417.60 monthly.

Does anyone know of a cheaper option than the above?

Cheers!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

iphone76

I would suggest buying a Sevenoaks to Zones 1-6 travelcard which would cover the train and underground. (And buses if needs be).

£90.10 per week or £346.00 per month.

Then no need to worry about Oyster, etc.

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
If cost rather than time really is the killer then there is a Sevenoaks-Zone 2-6 weekly travelcard at £65.30. Route Sevenoaks-Orpington-Brixton-Stockwell-Tooting Broadway. Or for £58.30/week route Sevenoaks-Orpington-Herne Hill-Tooting which only requires zones 3-6. I don't know how near Tooting is to your destination though.

island

Veteran Member
Remember to consider annual season tickets if you can afford it or your employer offers a season ticket loan, and if not, consider odd-period tickets (e.g. 1 month and 2 days) so that you don't pay for a weekend here and there or for periods of annual leave.

jprice

Thanks for all your replies, they've been really helpful. Sevenoaks to zone 1-6 seems to be the best option so far. Do I have to buy the ticket from the station or can I get them online?
I would like to keep my commuting time to a minimum so am willing to pay a bit extra for the fast trains. Also my employer does offer season tickets but since don't think I'll still be there in a year's time I've ruled out taking this option (I assume these are annual tickets?)

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Thanks for all your replies, they've been really helpful. Sevenoaks to zone 1-6 seems to be the best option so far. Do I have to buy the ticket from the station or can I get them online?

You can buy them online as well as at the station.

You can customise your season ticket for any time period you like.

(This is the recommended booking engine in many members' opinion on this forum, however it does seem that it has been experiencing problems today.)

island

Veteran Member
Annual season tickets (a) exist, (b) are better value, equivalent to around 40 times the weekly price, (c) will be issued as a Gold Card allowing you and up to 3 adults and 4 children accompanying you to discounts when travelling on journeys not covered by your season ticket (excludes before 10am Mon-Fri), and (d) are changeable to another route or refundable if needed (refunds will take account the use you have had of the ticket and if you get a refund late in the period of validity you may not get anything back).

jprice

Ahh I've seen that site previously but didn't realise you could search by zone as well as destination. It does seem cheaper to use an annual season ticket so I am currently exploring this option with my employer. Thank you again for all your input.

Status
Not open for further replies.