• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Severe Disruptions Between Hull and Scarborough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Details are currently sketchy, but my sources tell me that an unexploded World War II bomb has been discovered on or near the line between Hull and Beverley. All trains between Beverley and Hull have been cancelled but replacement bus services have been arranged.

Incident near the railway affecting services between Beverley and Hull

Time Reported: 17:10
Route Affected: Hull-Beverley-Bridlington-Scarborough
TOC/s Affected: Northern Rail
Description: Services between Hull and Beverley are being disrupted due to an incident near the railway in the Beverley area. Short noice alterations and cancellations are expected. there is currently no estimate for normal service to resume
Alternative Routing: Road replacement transport is being arranged but no times are currently available
Updates: 17:55 Road replacement transport will operate between Hull and Beverley to connect with a shuttle train between Beverley – Bridlington – Scarborough. No times are available for these services at present

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jd

scared.gif

However, seeing as it has laid there for 60 years, I can't see why it might suddenly choose to go off!

TheSlash

Established Member
jd said:
scared.gif

However, seeing as it has laid there for 60 years, I can't see why it might suddenly choose to go off!
Because its been rusting away and has been disturbed. I've had years of this sort of stuff living in one of Britians most bombed cities. The government had a big purge of the harbour floor about 5 years ago and found loads of unexploded bombs and shells. We still find them when redeveloping sites aswell

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Updates: 20:45 The railway between Hull and Beverley has now re-opened, however services in the area will still be subject to delay and alteration

Jordy

Established Member
Yikes :shock: What a Strange inncident! Do you know where abouts on the line it is max?

Jordy

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Sorry, I really have no further information :(

Status
Not open for further replies.