• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Severn Valley diesel gala - 3rd - 5th October

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Peter C

Established Member
Maybe we should break conversation about the events of the gala, locos, etc., into a different thread? (Purely because this thread is called "Why have SVR put an october diesel gala on ?" and not "SVR October Diesel Gal 2019 Information"
Just a thought. :)

-Peter

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Maybe we should break conversation about the events of the gala, locos, etc., into a different thread? (Purely because this thread is called "Why have SVR put an october diesel gala on ?" and not "SVR October Diesel Gal 2019 Information"
Just a thought. :)

-Peter
Probably not worth having another thread on it.
You could edit the title to SVR diesel gala though as I think everything else has probably been said now. ;)

Peter C

Established Member
Probably not worth having another thread on it.
You could edit the title to SVR diesel gala though as I think everything else has probably been said now. ;)
Oh OK. I don't have the ability to edit the thread title - the admins or the OP will have to do that!
:)

-Peter

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Oh OK. I don't have the ability to edit the thread title - the admins or the OP will have to do that!

-Peter
Sorry Peter. I thought you’d started this but it was Edders. :smile:

Peter C

Established Member
Wish more railways would do more diesel galas, even if home fleets.
Same. I think it may be down to the fact that more people ("normals", as they are known) are more interested in steam, either because they remember it, or "it's a train!".
For many people, a diesel is a box on wheels.

-Peter

muddythefish

On Moderation
I hope everyone enjoys themselves at the SVR.

Just one request. As a member of the SVR C & W dept who knows how much hard work goes into restoring them, please treat the railway's coaches with respect, particularly the pre-nationalisation ones.

That means no feel on the seats, sitting on tables or kneeling on tables in order to hang out of windows. I've seen diesel enthusiast do it. So please don't. And close the doors and droplights carefully. They're old and easily damaged.

Peter C

Established Member
I hope everyone enjoys themselves at the SVR.

Just one request. As a member of the SVR C & W dept who knows how much hard work goes into restoring them, please treat the railway's coaches with respect, particularly the pre-nationalisation ones.

That means no feel on the seats, sitting on tables or kneeling on tables in order to hang out of windows. I've seen diesel enthusiast do it. So please don't. And close the doors and droplights carefully. They're old and easily damaged.
A very important message - I don't volunteer at any heritage line (yet!), but I would hate it if my hard work was ruined by a minority of people who were just disrespectful towards it.

-Peter

Peter C

Established Member
Sorry to restart this thread, but I thought it would be a good idea for me to share that the WTT (Public version) is available on the SVR Diesel Gala page:
https://www.svr.co.uk/SEItem.aspx?a=124

Download it and have a look. And see that only 2 50s will be operating on Saturday - grrr!!!! :( I'll still go for the 42, 2 50s, 37, and 40. :))

-Peter

DarloRich

Veteran Member
I was at the SVR last weekend and D1015 was in service pulling trains.

50033 was also out and about doing test runs. It looked very good.

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I was at the SVR last weekend and D1015 was in service pulling trains.

50033 was also out and about doing test runs. It looked very good.
Rich - Was D1015 running on both engines did you notice?

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Rich - Was D1015 running on both engines did you notice?

it was blue and was loud. That is all i can tell you. The chief was not ( repeat NOT) interested in travelling on a diesel train. Had to spend an hour in the pub waiting for a steamer

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
it was blue and was loud. That is all i can tell you. The chief was not ( repeat NOT) interested in travelling on a diesel train. Had to spend an hour in the pub waiting for a steamer
:lol: Ah well. I’m quite partial to a bit of steam action too (probably wouldn’t have turned down a Western for one though).

If anyone is going on Saturday I’m expecting to be on the 12:30 departure from Bridgenorth behind D1015 hopefully somewhere near the front if it’s not too rammed.
Come and say hello if you’re about.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
:lol: Ah well. I’m quite partial to a bit of steam action too (probably wouldn’t have turned down a Western for one though).

If anyone is going on Saturday I’m expecting to be on the 12:30 departure from Bridgenorth behind D1015 hopefully somewhere near the front if it’s not too rammed.

Sadly the Darlington built loco was not in action so we had to have some Swindon rubbish. I might go to the gala on Friday if i can wangle a day off. Saturday is for football

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Sadly the Darlington built loco was not in action so we had to have some Swindon rubbish. I might go to the gala on Friday if i can wangle a day off. Saturday is for football
I’m not going to argue about Westerns vs Deltics.

Ash Bridge

Established Member
Good grief you guys are nearly as bad as football fans! (Puts his John Bercow hat on)

ORDER ORDER.....;)

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Good grief you guys are nearly as bad as football fans! (Puts his John Bercow hat on)

ORDER ORDER.....;)
I don’t think he’s seen it yet.
I’m waiting for all 36 (far too many) cylinders to fire up. :lol:

Peter C

Established Member
I might be on that one too. After I've been on it for the entire journey between Kidderminster and Bridgnorth. And before I get off at Highley and then catch 50049. :)

-Peter

AnthonyRail

Established Member
Have they painted Western Champion? I always like BR Maroon on locos

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I might be on that one too. After I've been on it for the entire journey between Kidderminster and Bridgnorth. And before I get off at Highley and then catch 50049. :)

-Peter
Well give me a shout if you are. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.