• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Severn Valley Railway disruption 22.7.2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter C

Established Member
I was just looking at the SVR Twitter and there are no trains running between Bridgnorth and Arley. Someone has said that a stem loco was derailed by a fallen tree, but is this the case? I'm not at the railway at the moment but I am just interested.
From the SVR Twitter:
Today's amended timetable with trains between Kidderminster and Highley, and buses between Arley and Bridgnorth. No trains to or from Bridgnorth today.

EAEuB2SXsAANcSY.jpg
Due to an operational incident, the following plan is in action for today: - trains will run between Kidderminster and Highley only. - a vintage bus service will operate between Arley and Bridgnorth. - no trains will be operating between Bridgnorth and Highley.

-Peter

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

The SVR forum is stating that the bogie of (relatively newly outshopped) 75069 derailed whilst running light engine.

No trains between Bridgnorth & Highley, with a rail replacement (vintage) bus in operation between Bridgnorth & Upper Arley village (which will pass the station on it's way I believe).

7714 giving footplate rides within Bridgnorth station limits.

Peter C

Established Member
The SVR forum is stating that the bogie of (relatively newly outshopped) 75069 derailed whilst running light engine.

No trains between Bridgnorth & Highley, with a rail replacement (vintage) bus in operation between Bridgnorth & Upper Arley village (which will pass the station on it's way I believe).

7714 giving footplate rides within Bridgnorth station limits.
OK. Thanks. I've just looked at the Twitter again and they are running an amended timetable. Interesting.

-Peter

Peter C

Established Member
Seems heat is affecting all railways just not only main lines!
Yep! In this sort of weather, all the heritage news seems to be about the lineside fires. I remember last year there was a lot about this sort of thing and a few railways ran diesel only to stop their steam locos setting fire to the neighbour's hedges! :)

-Peter

reddragon

Established Member
Most bigger heritage railways use spark arresters in the smoke box and ash-pan to stop this, sand buckets on the train.
Some even have their own fire brigade!

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
It’s good to remember that some of the first preserved diesels were bought due to weather like this. The Mid Hants 25067 and 27007 for example, and the North Yorkshire Moors 24032.

Peter C

Established Member
It’s good to remember that some of the first preserved diesels were bought due to weather like this. The Mid Hants 25067 and 27007 for example, and the North Yorkshire Moors 24032.
Really? Excellent! A good thing from a bad situation!

-Peter

Edders23

I would be quite happy to see all the kettles retired and the diesels take over but I doubt the visitor numbers would improve.

the big problem often is the accessibility of the line side in the event of a fire and the farmers will definitely want a nice compo package so i suppose it is a trade off between potential revenue losses and potential bills for damage

Status
Not open for further replies.