• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Severn Valley Railway - Reopening 1st August

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter C

Established Member
The Severn Valley Railway is reopening tomorrow, 1st August. This marks another step in the journey back to some sort of normality. :)
Tickets are sold out* for the first day, but tickets are still available for Sunday 2nd August. Click here for the Working Timetable and Traffic Notices for the reopening. The SVR Live page gives information on allocations. These will be as follows for tomorrow:
"The Flyer" 1015 Kidderminster Town - Bridgnorth: 2857
"The Explorer" 1045 Kidderminster Town - Bridgnorth: 7714
"The Adventurer" 1045 Bridgnorth - Kidderminster Town: 75069

More information can be found on the SVR's website and their Twitter page.

I hope anyone going on the trains tomorrow has a lovely time - it'd be really interesting to hear any reports people may have on what it's like. I've been watching the SVR's YouTube videos about their return to service and they seem to be doing a lot to make everything safe so you will have a good day out.

-Peter :)
Note: I'm not part of the SVR volunteer group or anything - just sharing the information they've given out online.

https://twitter.com/svrofficialsite said:
Great news - we're SOLD OUT for our reopening service on Saturday 1st August. However, don't miss out this weekend! There's still compartments available for Sunday for sunshine on the Severn Valley Railway

https://bit.ly/SVRGrandReopening… #SVRFamily

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Scrotnig

I have to say that all looks very well thought out and not overly restrictive.
They also still welcome wheelchair users, unlike certain other heritage railways I could mention.

It goes without saying that I hope they get the trade the need.

Peter C

Established Member
I have to say that all looks very well thought out and not overly restrictive.
They also still welcome wheelchair users, unlike certain other heritage railways I could mention.

It goes without saying that I hope they get the trade the need.
I agree with you there. The services the SVR are offering are much more varied than most lines I've seen, which are mostly offering one round trip and that's it. Allowing wheelchair users to access the railway is also very important. They are in need of passengers more than ever now and so the news that they're sold out for today is very promising indeed. :)

-Peter

Peter C

Established Member
The SVR will be running diesels every Friday in September - mainly so diesel enthusiasts can clock up plenty of miles. :)
They'll be doing three return trips on each of the Fridays and that means you can get 96 miles clocked up in one day.
YouTube link:

-Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.