• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Severn Valley Railway - Through fares from National Rail stations

Status
Not open for further replies.

bnm

Established Member
In previous years my visits to the Severn Valley Railway between Kidderminster and Bridgnorth have been with an inclusive through ticket from a National Rail station. Either:

Birmingham Stns - Bridgnorth SVR or
Worcester Stns -Bridgnorth SVR

Planning a trip for early June and I've noticed the destination 'Bridgnorth SVR' is no longer on BRFares or the latest Avantix Traveller National Fares Manual (NFM20) program. The fares used to be on both.

Could one of the forums members with access to retail systems see if 'Bridgnorth SVR' has been removed as a destination and thus the through fares are no longer available.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Doctor Fegg

Established Member
Oh, I know this one.

As part of the "fare simplification", "Bridgnorth SVR" was renamed "Bridgnorth Off-Peak".

The Government then decided that the Off-Peak Railway was not something that it wanted to support and has forcibly closed it down.

Fortunately, using this logic, the same civil servants have alighted on Peak Rail as "exactly the sort of initiative we want to support" and are finally giving approval to reopening Matlock-Buxton.

(Or have I misunderstood?)

gray1404

Established Member
Yes, I saw that link on National Rail too. Does that mean it is only offered from LM and Chiltern served stations now? Perhaps a booking office staff could advise. I am wanting to buy one of these too soon :)

bnm

Established Member
Hmm, in previous years I'd bought them from stations such as Bristol and Cheltenham, even once I think via Avantix. As long as the origin was a London Midland served station they were available to purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.