• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Sex on a train. Was I harsh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Nym

Established Member
Well you know. Share and share alike !!
I didn't know till they come out. For all I know it could have been Susan Boyle in there :lol:

No-one would be sharing mine, and I don't think many on here would want to...

Anyway, I recon you where right to spoil their fun...

Although what wold you have done if you'd have caught someone at it in the saloon or vestibule?

PR1Berske

Established Member
The Sexual Offences Act 2006 is your friend here, you could have shopped them to the BTP

ChiefPlanner

Established Member
On the other hand , it could have been far worse than "afternoon delight" or whatever.

Not appropriate behaviour in my opinion.

SS4

Established Member
A George Takei impression would have been amusing
[youtube]u2ALsvU50wQ[/youtube]

Failed Unit

Established Member
No, they were not a safe environment to travel in.

Perception of some rather than reality. Did you ever see a report from the BTP saying crime was higher?

If is like all these parents driving kids to school because it is unsafe to walk!

Zoe

Established Member
Perception of some rather than reality. Did you ever see a report from the BTP saying crime was higher?
There were some very serious incidents and I'd rather not subject anyone to the possibility of them occuring regardless of how rare they may be.

NY Yankee

I know the government/police guidelines for seeing 2 people in the act in a public place is to ignore it, try not to look and move it..so ideally should be the same concept here

I thought Europeans were liberal about intimacy. I didn't expect this to be a big deal. Don't people have sex on the Tube?

ChiefPlanner

Established Member
Yes, there were, and some quite nasty murders as well.

A particulary bad one on an Orpington - London service with a 4EPB one afternoon , and in the last days of this stock , attempts were made to keep them off off peak services , and a red stripe (nowt to do with refreshment facilities) applied to highlight the non corridor compartments.

Not a joke , as you never knew (a) what you would find in those compartments (b) who you would end up meeting in them

The Victorians had concern about them , never mind the recent past.

(a good number of suburban workings from the 1970's had them removed - the condition of the 501 sets on the Euston/Watford and NLL services before the compartments were opened up to saloons proved this - never have I seen such vandalism bar the NYC subway in its lowest years)

Ivo

Established Member
Trust XC Driver to make a thread about this :roll:

I have to say, I think you were right to do so. If nothing else, it isn't fair to make others wait to use the toilet for something like this. The excuse "there's more than one" doesn't count in my opinion; supposing more than one person requires the toilet?

Failed Unit

Established Member
A particulary bad one on an Orpington - London service with a 4EPB one afternoon , and in the last days of this stock , attempts were made to keep them off off peak services , and a red stripe (nowt to do with refreshment facilities) applied to highlight the non corridor compartments.

Not a joke , as you never knew (a) what you would find in those compartments (b) who you would end up meeting in them

The Victorians had concern about them , never mind the recent past.

(a good number of suburban workings from the 1970's had them removed - the condition of the 501 sets on the Euston/Watford and NLL services before the compartments were opened up to saloons proved this - never have I seen such vandalism bar the NYC subway in its lowest years)

Didn't realise it was that bad, makes you wonder why the 442s had then as built.

Bald Rick

Veteran Member
I'd have let them carry on.

But if they lit up a post-coital fag, I would have thrown the book at them. Disgusting behaviour.

Established Member
Didn't realise it was that bad, makes you wonder why the 442s had then as built.

The 442s had corridor compartments though, which are much safer as you could always move down the train to a different compartment. The 4-EPBs had non-corridor compartments, so once you were in a compartment the only way to move to a different one is outside of the train whilst it's stopped at a station.

Lampshade

Established Member
It seems the general opinion was I was right then. Did feel bad at the time for spoiling their fun. The girl was pretty hot though. Wouldn't have minded a go myself !!

The awkward moment when one or both of them stumble across this :lol:

Chapeltom

Established Member
If it had been me on that train walking past, I'd have had a wry smile on my face and not bothered doing anything about it, and if with mates tell them and let it spread around the carriage :lol:

Established Member
If it had been me on that train walking past, I'd have had a wry smile on my face and not bothered doing anything about it, and if with mates tell them and let it spread around the carriage :lol:

Or over the PA: "Could the couple in the toilet in Coach B please refrain from..." :lol:

richw

Veteran Member
If is like all these parents driving kids to school because it is unsafe to walk!

I hate to think this may be true, I've been driving to work rather than train the last month or so, and during the easter holidays my commute was cut by about 20 mins simply because there was so little traffic about at 8am! point proven really!

Established Member
So my question is. Right or wrong. Should I have just let them carry on. Or was I right to put a stop to it

In 2005, middle coach of a 3-car 158, 2am out of Leeds. I went through the train, entered the front coach (empty, bar two people), and asked for tickets. The tickets were handed to me, I clipped them and seconds later continued to the front cab to chat to a mate.

Sorry, I failed to mention the two people in the front car were going at it, and chose not to stop for a ticket check. :oops:

Driver almost crashed train when I told him, within seconds he was out the seat and looking through the peep hole in the cab door.

yorksrob

Veteran Member
The 442s had corridor compartments though, which are much safer as you could always move down the train to a different compartment. The 4-EPBs had non-corridor compartments, so once you were in a compartment the only way to move to a different one is outside of the train whilst it's stopped at a station.

It should also be pointed out that by the late 80's/early 90's, the vast majority of non-corridoor compartment carriages on EPB's had been withdrawn, refurbed into saloons or swapped into peak-only COM stock.

Butts

Veteran Member
Pity there are no longer any non-corridor compartment coaches ?

Yes I remember them well - you have to bear in mind not many young lads had cars and an "overnight" in the parental home was a pipedream.

It's amazing what you could achieve between Winchester and Eastleigh <D

The best ones were the slam doors with individual bench facing seating - at night you were often able to bag an unoccupied one to yourself. (should say yourselves !!)

Oh and the "end of activity" ciggies was quite legal then - even if what went before was not :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.