• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Sex on a train. Was I harsh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minilad

Established Member
I am not going to go into details about when where or stuff but recently I was on a train and on walking through it was pretty obvious that there were two people in one of the toilets and that they were getting, ahem, intimate. At first I thought jammy bugger but then my innate sense of spoiling peoples fun kicked in and I knocked on the door and informed them they should desist. Which they did. They came out after a couple of minutes all apologetic.

So my question is. Right or wrong. Should I have just let them carry on. Or was I right to put a stop to it

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ushawk

Established Member
I am not going to go into details about when where or stuff but recently I was on a train and on walking through it was pretty obvious that there were two people in one of the toilets and that they were getting, ahem, intimate. At first I thought jammy bugger but then my innate sense of spoiling peoples fun kicked in and I knocked on the door and informed them they should desist. Which they did. They came out after a couple of minutes all apologetic.

So my question is. Right or wrong. Should I have just let them carry on. Or was I right to put a stop to it

Funniest thing ive heard all day - you were 100% right to spoil their....errrr.....fun :lol:

calc7

Established Member
Eugh, I'm certainly no prude but I can't imagine getting intimate in a train toilet. :|

YorkshireBear

Established Member
Yep the smell in a train toilet and other people being in there all day does not get me in the mood... i avoid them even for going to the toilet

chris89

Established Member

You were correct in stopping them.

I couldn't imagine doing it in a Train toliet, considering the state you see some on :/ As they could have possibly have waited till they got to one of there houses/flats or a Hotel.

Chris

Marvin

They were just having some harmless (sexy) fun, and unless there was a big queue of people desperate to use the facilities you should have let them carry on!

VTPreston_Tez

Cringey as...
Well I guess you were right to stop them as doesn't a train toilet count as "in a public place" which I'm sure you cannot perform such an act in?

NathanPrior

I don't actually think its an offence to do that on a train toilet, I may be wrong though. But was it one of those tiny toilets such as on SouthEastern or the more spacious one like FGW?

michael769

Established Member
I think that if it was obvious to you what was going on it would also be obvious to other passengers.

That would have included any (older) children who might board the train, and in any case would be likely to cause offence to some older passengers as well, as such it was appropriate to tell them to desist.

NathanPrior

I know the government/police guidelines for seeing 2 people in the act in a public place is to ignore it, try not to look and move it..so ideally should be the same concept here

richw

Veteran Member
I don't actually think its an offence to do that on a train toilet, I may be wrong though. But was it one of those tiny toilets such as on SouthEastern or the more spacious one like FGW?

I'd guess a xc voyager, but then he wasnt driving so may have been otherwise.

SS4

Established Member
Right, although you may have deprived Jeremy Kyle of a guest a year from now :lol:

Kernowfem

How romantic!!! A tryst in a toilet! However i still think you are a spoil sport XC, you could have given them an extra two minutes at least ;)

YorkshireBear

Established Member
If you could clearly hear it you were right to stop. However if they do it quietly, so all you see is two people come out fo toilet at same time looking happy then thats fine. :)

Minilad

Established Member
It seems the general opinion was I was right then. Did feel bad at the time for spoiling their fun. The girl was pretty hot though. Wouldn't have minded a go myself !!

tirphil

A very well respected guard once told me of an occasion when she was walking through the train doing fares and heard noises coming from the disabled toilet on a 158. Thinking someone might be having problems inside she pressed the 'open' button on the off chance that the door might not be locked, and thus save the rigmarole of isolating the air on the door etc, to get the door open. The door duly opened to show a young couple in the throes of passion. The lad turned to the guard, without breaking his rhythm so she claims, and asked, "Can you stop at Abererch please?"

Kernowfem

It seems the general opinion was I was right then. Did feel bad at the time for spoiling their fun. The girl was pretty hot though. Wouldn't have minded a go myself !!

Ahhhh so thats why you stopped them? You just wanted what he'd got! Shame on you.....:D

All Line Rover

Established Member
Considering there is CCTV on most trains, which may (?) cover the entrance to the toilet, wouldn't it seem odd for a man and woman to be going in together? Unless the woman is afraid that the automatic door won't open? Which actually seems to happen quite often? (Unless that's just the excuse people give me :lol:).

Some people have awful hygiene practices, anyway. And no, I don't think it's appropriate, as I don't fancy sitting on a toilet that people have just had sex on. Even if I use one of those sterile wipes that I carry about with me.

Yew

Established Member
I think its a reasonable course of action, more than a 'now dont do that (so loudly)again' but less than a mate of mine got, something like a £100 fine and a ban from using that particuar line or something (I think, he was quite drunk at the time of telling this story, but I expect there is some basis of truth)

Temple Meads

Established Member
Some people have awful hygiene practices, anyway. And no, I don't think it's appropriate, as I don't fancy sitting on a toilet that people have just had sex on. Even if I use one of those sterile wipes that I carry about with me.

In my opinion having sex is less worse than what people usually do when sitting upon a toilet...

All Line Rover

Established Member
In my opinion having sex is less worse than what people usually do when sitting upon a toilet...

Well if that's worse then I'm not sure what toilets are for. :lol:

What's just as bad is when people...
  • Aim badly (men, obviously)
  • Don't flush
  • Don't clean up after themselves (dogs seem to do better than certain humans)
...which is why I bring my sterile wipes. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.