• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Shabby railway stations!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jonb

Established Member
One of my local stations is a disgrace, Brentwood has NO platform staff and after 4PM the ticket station is closed. Because the station is used heavily in the afternoons by students the state of the station the next morning is an eyesore!

Dave A

I couldn't believe this. When my local station, New Southgate, had no trains operating through it on the weekend due to works, the station was manned from early to late, all day, including the Sunday. This station gets little customers anyway, let alone any on a Sunday! So I head down to the station the next Monday, 10am, no-body there and Tuesday, no-body there, I can easily agree with that entire article!

In an age when using public transport is more encouraged, surely a few million pounds pumped into re-vamping stations, and extra staff, isn't a problem?! Railways in Britain today are apalling, and if nothings done soon, it will be too late. :(

Z12XE

There's nothing wrong with many unstaffed stations, and this report is quite frankly an insult to those who are prepared to get off their backsides and do something about it.

Our local bus station is a hell hole, no information screens, timetables that are years out of date, toilets which have more graffiti than bog roll, and buses which simply suck.

People are prepared to "Adopt" their railway station, but i've never come across someone doing this with a bus yard. Even the most basic railway station with no info screen has better facilities than most bus stops.

AJP

Most stations in my local area are unstaffed (Doncaster Not included) Some are ok some arent it depends of the chav population.

Tom B

Established Member
AJP said:
Most stations in my local area are unstaffed (Doncaster Not included) Some are ok some arent it depends of the chav population.

I wouldn't want to consider the state of Rossington or Maltby stations if they were still open now and unstaffed!

Jordy

Established Member
Cleethorpes station is awful, the dodgey roof thingy looks like its about to fall off (it did a while ago but they stuck it back up), it needs destroying and rebuilding completely!!

Grimsby Town used to be awful, but its not quite so bad any more ;)

But then, what do you expect ;)

Jordy

Jordy

Established Member
Harry Potter said:
What do you expect from a station that gets a worse service than S****horpe?

For a 'Seaside Resort' (which actually does get quite a lot of visitors arriving by train in the summer), I expect something much better than what we currently have!!! ;)

Jordy

Status
Not open for further replies.