• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Shanks, Pig move + Bits in London 18/08

Status
Not open for further replies.

RJ

Established Member
Well a late start today due to hangover, the 442 drag was on time!! Then I rushed off to South Ruislip to see 66522, then spent the rest of the day riding around the city :)

August Antics Part 2 @ http://rjhamilton.fotopic.net/c1056457.html

yxlwie.jpg

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Coxster

Established Member
Why is the Shanks 66 rare in London? Some of it's branding says "West London Express" or something along those lines.

RJ

Established Member
Yup, Shanks East London. Really, it's on an appropriate working as the bins have the Shanks branding. Ironically, it was attacked the day it arrived in East London, after doing the scrap metal run from Cardiff. I have a feeling once it goes, it won't be back in a hurry! It, and DRS 66407 are currently taking turns on the Dagenham and Cricklewood to Calvert bins, and swapping on at Calvert for the return runs. Yesterday, I saw 66522 on the Cricklewood - Calvert, while 66407 was on Dagenham - Calvert run. Simple eh? ;)

Coxster

Established Member
Liam said:
Blimey how do you manage to do it every day!
Because he lives in London so can get an U16 travelcard for just £2. It is also the school holidays ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.