• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Sheffield Cambridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halsebee

Travelling Sheffield Cambridge tomorrow (Monday) and return same day, leave after 0900.
Best fare I can find is £60.30 off peak return.
Can I do better by splitting anywhere please?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

dzug2

£45.30 off peak return to Bedford then £8.90 day return on the X5 bus would save you a bit but take a bit longer

splityour ticket hasn't been updated for a while - it might give you places to try but don't rely on its fares

Last edited:

John @ home

Established Member
Travelling Sheffield Cambridge tomorrow (Monday) and return same day, leave after 0900.
Best fare I can find is £60.30 off peak return.
Given that you are returning the same day, a combination of Off-Peak Day Returns (CDRs) should suit, for example:
Sheffield - Nottingham CDR £11.90 Code B3
Nottingham - Peterborough CDR £19.80 Code B3
Peterborough - Cambridge route Ely CDR £15.00 Code B3
Total £46.70, saving £13.60
This is just an example. Splitting at different stations along your chosen route may give different total prices. You need to choose stations at which your trains stop on both the outward and return legs of your journey.

Status
Not open for further replies.