• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Sheffield to Leeds/Bradford airport on a Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.

tannedfrog

I would like a single ticket from Sheffield to Leeds/Bradford airport on a Sunday, no Railcard

The normal way would be Anytime single £9.80 to Leeds, then bus 757 for £3.30

Is there any cheaper way of doing this journey perhaps with some kind of integrated train/bus ticket? Thank you

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

34D

Established Member
I would like a single ticket from Sheffield to Leeds/Bradford airport on a Sunday, no Railcard

The normal way would be Anytime single £9.80 to Leeds, then bus 757 for £3.30

Is there any cheaper way of doing this journey perhaps with some kind of integrated train/bus ticket? Thank you

I suppose one option would be train sheffield-moorthorpe, then a £5.20 metro day ticket (bought from any bus in WY) - the south elmsall-wakefield bus, the 110 wakefield-leeds then the 757.

tannedfrog

Cool - what's the station code for the through ticket?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I suppose one option would be train sheffield-moorthorpe, then a £5.20 metro day ticket (bought from any bus in WY) - the south elmsall-wakefield bus, the 110 wakefield-leeds then the 757.

Thanks
£4.20 + £5.20 = £9.40
sounds quite a long journey so I might go for the through ticket

sonic2009

Established Member
cool - what's the station code for the through ticket?

6691 Sheffield SHF - K650 Leeds Brd Airbus XLB
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
If travelling in June/July book online(TPE?) and get a PlusBus for £1.50.

I don't think Plusbus would be valid on the 757 from Leeds to the Airport.

Although shown on the map here, as being within the Plusbus area.

I would deem the 757 to fall under a special bus service, although i could be wrong.

Tyke Toper

I live on the route of the 757. It is a full stopping service and PlusBus is certainly accepted.

Sunday 757 daytime service xx:23 and xx:53 from Leeds Rail Station (Stop S7) - journey time 30min.

'Special' services are services that are not regularly timetabled.

I can confirm that Plusbus is accepted on the airport services, having used it on one from Yeadon to Bradford. It's nice and simple in West Yorkshire, valid on everything except specials and Nightrider. A huge zone aswell.

What would make it better would be if you could buy Plusbus from any WY station instead of the 6 or so you can get it from currently.

sonic2009

Established Member
I don't live in the area, but thank you for correcting me. Everybody makes a mistake :)

phil35

If I could hijack the topic slightly for a second, I wonder if you could tell me whether a Leeds PlusBus is valid to Greengates? Geographically it is just to the left of Calverley on the PDF map posted earlier. I always assumed it wasn't (it is technically Bradford), but the PDF seems to suggest that a Leeds PlusBus would be accepted anywhere within the yellow zone, which Greengates would fall into (even though it isn't labeled). Can anyone clear this up for me?

sheff1

Established Member
If I could hijack the topic slightly for a second, I wonder if you could tell me whether a Leeds PlusBus is valid to Greengates? Geographically it is just to the left of Calverley on the PDF map posted earlier. I always assumed it wasn't (it is technically Bradford), but the PDF seems to suggest that a Leeds PlusBus would be accepted anywhere within the yellow zone, which Greengates would fall into (even though it isn't labeled). Can anyone clear this up for me?

A 'Leeds' Plusbus is valid in the whole of West Yorkshire - Bradford, Huddersfield, Wakefield etc etc

That is correct, though I've sometimes found that bus drivers aren't aware of this. Though I've never been refused travel after explaining.

phil35

A 'Leeds' Plusbus is valid in the whole of West Yorkshire - Bradford, Huddersfield, Wakefield etc etc

Seriously? This could save me a fair bit of cash. How about then, a Bradford PlusBus - is that also valid for the entirity of West Yorkshire? Is there anywhere that explicitly states the boundaries of a plus bus, or do you just have the pdf posted earlier?

Oscar

Fares Advisor
Look up any PlusBus destination in West Yorkshire on the PlusBus site - you'll find that the map within which that PlusBus ticket is valid is a map of West Yorkshire. PlusBus tickets for anyone in South Yorkshire are also valid anywhere in South Yorkshire. You understandably have to have a rail ticket to/from outside West/South Yorkshire respectively to buy these PlusBus tickets. In fact, you always have to have a ticket from outside the PlusBus zone to buy any PlusBus ticket, so you can't get York PlusBus with a Poppleton - York ticket for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.