• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Sheffield to Liverpool day return

Status
Not open for further replies.

syorksdeano

Yet again I am going on a trip and and would appreciate some advice.

I am going to Liverpool on either Tuesday night and coming back Wednesday, or going on Wednesday and coming back the same day.

If I am travelling on the Tuesday I won't be leaving Sheffield until at least 1pm, but if I am travelling on the Wednesday I want to be in Liverpool for around 11am.

Returning on the Wednesday will be around 6pm but might be an hour later, so advances are no good for me.

I've looked at the usual train splitting sites and surprising no splits apparently exist, but I know that someone on here probably does know some.

Would any Rovers help if travelling on the day?

I've got no Rail cards and really can't plan in advance until Tuesday anyway, so it will be a spur of the moment thing.

Can anyone think of any splits?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
If you go on Wednesday and don't mind the stopper to and from Manchester, you can get a
Sheffield to Grindleford return
GM Wayfarer
Warrington to Liverpool return.

I don't suppose the GM Wayfarer counts as a Zonal ticket does it?:) nothing to do with Section 19c at all:D

The Merseytravel saveaway does though!

oddiesjack

If you go on Wednesday and don't mind the stopper to and from Manchester, you can get a
Sheffield to Grindleford return
GM Wayfarer
Warrington to Liverpool return.

I don't suppose the GM Wayfarer counts as a Zonal ticket does it?:) nothing to do with Section 19c at all:D

The Merseytravel saveaway does though!

Unfortunately, the train times from Grindleford are not exactly helpful - there is one at 09:28, which is just before the 09:30 start time for the Wayfarer. I wondered about getting Sheffield-Hathersage return so this train could be used, but it looks like you'd not get into Liverpool until 11:44 anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.