• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Sheffield to Prestatyn

Status
Not open for further replies.

30mog

The cheapest flexible fare by ticket splitting for Sheffield to Prestatyn Saturday day return I have found is achieved by buying Sheff.- Warrington Stns OPDR plus Warrington STNS - Prestatyn Off Peak Day Return.

Main question: As long as the ticket from Sheffield has Warrington STNS as the destination rather than Warrington Central, am I OK to pick up the Arriva Trains Wales service in Manchester, provided of course it does stop at WBQ? Thus, save the walk in Warrington even though it may slow the overall journey down.

I got £41 approx for the two tickets mentioned above. Can't see any cheaper way unless anyone can surprise me?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Splitting at Derby is slightly cheaper I believe (~£37 as opposed to your current combo at ~£40), although the times may not suit.

dquebec

You can get it slightly cheaper by going via Derby, with a time penalty.

Sheffield - Derby CDR is £11.30
Derby - Prestatyn CDR is £26.70

Total £38.00.

30mog

I'll stick with plan outlined thanks.

Can't believe Derby - Prestatyn is so cheap. But TBH the thought of that 153 on Derby to Crewe worth the extra £4 to avoid.

Just to add. When searching ticket splitting options I noticed Chester - Prestatyn £15.10 return! Isn't this almost a local journey?

Chester1

Established Member
I'll stick with plan outlined thanks.

Can't believe Derby - Prestatyn is so cheap. But TBH the thought of that 153 on Derby to Crewe worth the extra £4 to avoid.

Just to add. When searching ticket splitting options I noticed Chester - Prestatyn £15.10 return! Isn't this almost a local journey?

Chester to Prestatyn is about 20 miles or more. I reguarly travel between Chester and Colwyn Bay and would like cheaper tickets. However, its a diesel line with relatively low use (5 trains per 2 hours). Its also not locally subsidised like Merseyside and Greater Manchester services.

mikeg

Established Member
OP, You have a PM. Please don't mention it on the public forum.

Last edited:

CaptainHaddock

Established Member
If the OP has got a few free days coming up he could buy a 4 in 8 Coast & Peaks Rover for £73, which would cover his Sheffield-Prestatyn trip and also give him 3 further days of travel withing the area validity.

30mog

If the OP has got a few free days coming up

Sadly not as this one goes. But one I will think about in future. Thanks also has I'm off to Plymouth (by car!) in a few weeks and your message was a timely reminder to check out Day Rovers usefulness for when I'm down there. Day Rovers for Devon & Cornwall are a good buy aren't they?

Status
Not open for further replies.