• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Sheffield to Skegness split tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

syorksdeano

I've tried working this out myself but got absolutely nowhere, but knowing how clever and intelligent people are on here I thought well why not ask.

Looking at travelling either the 16th or the 23rd of June with another adult and 2 kids. I do have a Friends and Family Railcard and have tried a number of ways to split the cost down (currently £60.20) but seem to be getting the total cost more by splitting the journey.

Looking at setting off around 7am and leaving Skegness around 6ish.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

lemonic

I can find a small saving.

7:32 Sheffield - 8:23 Nottingham
8:45 Nottingham - 11:00 Skegness

17:30 Skegness - 19:23 Nottingham
19:40 Nottingham - 20:27 Sheffield

Buy Nottingham to Skegness Off Peak Day Return £36.10
and Sheffield to Nottingham Off Peak Day Return £20.90
Or if you are prepared to stick to the trains above (then you can get Sheffield-Nottingham for £8.60 outward and Nottingham-Sheffield for £6 coming back on Advance tickets on 16 June (I have not checked 23 June)). If you wish to use Advance tickets then book a.s.a.p. so prices don't go up. The Off Peak tickets allow you on any train that day and can be bought at the same price on the day.

So £57 return retaining full flexibility (as long as you travel via Nottingham) or £50.70 return if you are prepared to stick to the booked trains between Nottingham and Sheffield. There don't appear to be Advance tickets on this route to Skegness which means tickets may be more expensive than you expect.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
I can find a small saving.

7:32 Sheffield - 8:23 Nottingham
8:45 Nottingham - 11:00 Skegness

17:30 Skegness - 19:23 Nottingham
19:40 Nottingham - 20:27 Sheffield

Buy Nottingham to Skegness Off Peak Day Return £36.10
and Sheffield to Nottingham Off Peak Day Return £20.90

Sheffield - Derby / Long Eaton is £17.50 for the whole party on Off-Peak Day Returns and is valid via Nottingham with no break of journey restriction.

Status
Not open for further replies.