Sheffield to Wolverhampton via Manchester

Discussion in 'Fares Advice & Policy' started by syorksdeano, 24 Apr 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. syorksdeano

syorksdeano Member

OK this might sound crazy but I fancy a change of scenery from the usual journey.

This week I will be going to Wolverhampton again, but this time I am thinking of going via Manchester and missing out the dreaded New Street Station.

I will be going on Tuesday about 11am but not arriving back till the Wednesday (time yet unknown).

I've no Rail cards and because I don't know what time I will be returning that rules out any advance tickets.

Someone previously on here told me a route via Derby (not on here) but I can't remember the conversation, so that route could also be a possibility.

Anyone have any idea of split tickets?

2. Starmill

Starmill Established Member

The Derby option sounds like change at Derby and then Stoke on Trent.

Last edited: 25 Apr 2015
  3. fishquinn

fishquinn Established Member Quizmaster

As said above, a change at Derby and then Stoke would be one option and maybe changing at Stockport would be another.

4. syorksdeano

syorksdeano Member

Cheers for this.

I will look into it tomorrow morning but the only reason why I am changing my route is because I am getting sick of New Street Station and just fancy a change of scenery.

5. yorkie

yorkie Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Are you wanting to get the Northern stopper? If not, bear in mind that you'll be doubling-back through Stockport.

If you don't actually want to visit Manchester, it would be best to simply change at Stockport.

I'll PM you with details of a useful ticket.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.