• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Sheffield --> Uttoxeter --> Nottingham

Status
Not open for further replies.

WillPS

Established Member
I'm planning to go from Sheffield --> Uttoxeter on Saturday to go to Alton Towers, but rather than return to Sheffield I want to go to Nottingham. The cheapest way I have worked out to do this is by using a single Sheffield - Nottingham (with a break of journey in Derby), and a day return Derby-Uttoxeter.

Now, is this valid? And will I be able to book seats on a morning train for the Sheffield --> Derby leg of the journey, and an evening train for the Derby --> Nottingham part, all on the same ticket?

Many thanks!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

First class

Established Member
Isn't there still an all-in-one admission & travel ticket for Alton Towers?

kyrano

I'm planning to go from Sheffield --> Uttoxeter on Saturday to go to Alton Towers, but rather than return to Sheffield I want to go to Nottingham. The cheapest way I have worked out to do this is by using a single Sheffield - Nottingham (with a break of journey in Derby), and a day return Derby-Uttoxeter.

Now, is this valid? And will I be able to book seats on a morning train for the Sheffield --> Derby leg of the journey, and an evening train for the Derby --> Nottingham part, all on the same ticket?

Many thanks!

thought of buying a derbyshire wayfarer for £8.30 its valid to uttoxeter and to long eaton just buy a single long eaton nottingham , it will work out alot cheaper .

scrapy

Established Member
thought of buying a derbyshire wayfarer for £8.30 its valid to uttoxeter and to long eaton just buy a single long eaton nottingham , it will work out alot cheaper .

A Derbyshire wayfarer is only valid after 9am on the train (Mon-Fri)

WillPS

Established Member
Sheffield to Nottingham + YP Railcard: £6.25
Derby to Uttoxeter Return + YP Railcard: £4.30

Total: £10.55

Derbyshire Wayfarer: £8.30
Long Eaton to Nottingham + YP Railcard: £2.05

Total: £10.35

So yeah, I take your point it is slightly cheaper, but I was actually hoping to get an Off-Peak return to Nottingham, so that I could come back on a direct train on Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.