• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Shenfield - Southend Line closure Spring Bank Holiday Week 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlanFry1

Looks as if there are no trains between the 25th May and 2nd of June between Wickford and Southend, with an extremely limited service wickford/shenfield into London.

This is whilst overhead wires are replaced.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Wivenswold

Established Member
I'd imagine c2c will reinforce their services with an extra unit on 4 & 8 car workings.

TitanMike

3 TPH peak service from Wickford to LST plus the Southminster-LST but these do not stop at Billericay in the PM peak. Have heard services will be 8 carriages instead of 12.

Alfie1014

c2c will be doing ticket acceptance for season ticket holders between Southend Central and London Fenchurch Street during the duration of the works.

Not on the working days, only on the weekends and Bank Holiday Monday. Their own trains are full on working days and at maximum length so there’s little scope for any lengthening.

Sleepy

Established Member
Being school half term holiday they'll hope many season ticket users will take the 4 working days (Bank Hol. Monday) as leave ?

Class 170101

Established Member
Hopefully C2C will run additional services to/from Southend Central

No extra in RTT at the mo.

I'd imagine c2c will reinforce their services with an extra unit on 4 & 8 car workings.

Maybe between the peaks and at weekends but I wouldn't expect anything at peak times as they won't have any stock or train crew. If they did then there would be an outcry about their own capacity issues nevermind as a consequence of engineering works elsewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.