• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

shift pattern

Status
Not open for further replies.

woody1812

hi, searched the forum with not much luck. Could anyone let me know roughly how the shifts work at Northern. not the exact timings. e.g. at mo I work this shift,

D,D,D,E,E,E rd, rd, L,L,L,L,L,M, rd, rd L,L,M,M,M,M, rd,rd, i.e. 6 on 2 off
hope it makes sense,
many thanks in advance.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

tiptoptaff

Established Member
Will vary depot by depot, link by link, job by job.

At our place, if you're on a 4 day week then you have this 3 week cycle:
Week 1 RD Mon/Tues
Week 2 RD Wed/Thurs
Week 3 RD Fri/Sat

5 Day week is a rotating Rest Day (order is dependant on link position) with a week of Rest Days every 6 to 8 weeks.

Pattern of earlies to lates to nights varies depending on link position and often changes with the link change at the start of each timetable period.

That's for drivers and guards. Other grades have a different pattern completely - no other grades that I have rostered have the week of Rest Days.

Depot staff may do, I however couldn't tell you

woody1812

hi sorry, didn't realise there was different ones, just wanted a rough idea
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
hi 3Ts thanks for the info, just trying to find out if it's 4,5 or 6 working shifts on the bounce (as 1 week would go into the next, i.e. t,f,s,s,m,t,rd,rd etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.