• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Shock! Bubble Car manager seen derailing coaching stock!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Beaker

Established Member
I Blame that coach, it has always been trouble! but its funny how it only ever derails wen ur over Nathan!!

Thats what i said at school , as with i blame the throttle for not shutting off , i blame the engine for being to loud, i blame the brakes for not working , i blame the kid sat on the coach and i blame the guard.

:sign2:

Established Member
At cockcrow the Pway department blame the springing on the loco and the motive power department blame the Pway department and the S&T department just worry about there preisous signalling!

kettlefan

Both of the derailment videos are on here!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUhUR37vAM0

have only one minor gripe about the videos (which is unusual for me because I always enjoy a good metrovick video!). The loco is creidted as John Hampden (whoever he was...), WRONG!!! The loco is Mike, and will always be Mike, its only called John..... to keep the purists happy!

otherwise wow Stephen I didn't realise we had that much rail left over! Do you want the rest?

Nathan

have only one minor gripe about the videos (which is unusual for me because I always enjoy a good metrovick video!). The loco is creidted as John Hampden (whoever he was...), WRONG!!! The loco is Mike, and will always be Mike, its only called John..... to keep the purists happy!

otherwise wow Stephen I didn't realise we had that much rail left over! Do you want the rest?

Sorry yeah that would be my fault, Mike the Metrovick i know the one. In all honesty, who watches the credits!

Nathan

Yeah, it was great! At least i stayed on the rails ;) It's a shame we're out of length, even with extra track we would be moving onto the road.

After putting the body back on, the motors worked even better hence why we were able to haul the stone train. Then to follow, on boxing day Stephen even got the batteries on a higher charge, despite the fact they are duff. All in all the locomotive performs alot better now.

Established Member
Its always gone well, its just the batties that let it down, im guan run it once more before it goes home, will have to sort summit out matt!

kettlefan

Yeah, it was great! At least i stayed on the rails ;) It's a shame we're out of length, even with extra track we would be moving onto the road.

After putting the body back on, the motors worked even better hence why we were able to haul the stone train. Then to follow, on boxing day Stephen even got the batteries on a higher charge, despite the fact they are duff. All in all the locomotive performs alot better now.

he's always been great, heres an example (with some nice class 40s and 45s in the background! I'm puzzled by that, the body doesn't add much to the overall weight. hmmm

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=6363083234736309967&q=strawberry+line

Nathan

We did christmas eve and some point before that, when we made up the rest of the track and then boxing day.

Nick

Dunno what the attraction is really, the whole idea of modelling is because you cant play with the real thing isnt it? Im pretty sure you can get to Swanage easily Steven to play with REAL trains? :p

Nathan

it felt a bit sluggish when I ran it before it went to Dorset, maybe the batteries need replacing once and for all (it could also have been the damp, the last run here was at night!)

The first run if i recall was very cold,dark and slightly damp, but we braved that out and it did perfrom sluggish. Then on the second and third it was just cold but it did perfrom better after Stephen the previous morning or night did a quick maintainance check before we took it out again which is why we were able to haul the heavy load that was, the stone train. I think the main reason the loco performs better is that the batteries, although knackered, were charged higher and was alot sharper and faster in its response. Stephen can probably fill you in on the details better than i can.

Established Member
Dunno what the attraction is really, the whole idea of modelling is because you cant play with the real thing isnt it? Im pretty sure you can get to Swanage easily Steven to play with REAL trains? :p

I could do, but, to be honest i dislike that railway fora number of reaosn i won go into now, and i prefer smaller trains!

AlexS

Established Member

Probably the same attraction as buying a rusty old lump with holes that's been in a siding for years and having it throbbing away on trains a few years later - it's just something people like to do!

Coxster

Established Member
I number of reasons I guess. The big ones must be the fact that it's much cheaper to run and the size of it all allows more trains to run in a much smaller area.

Beaker

Established Member
I number of reasons I guess. The big ones must be the fact that it's much cheaper to run and the size of it all allows more trains to run in a much smaller area.

But surely as a volunteer you dont actually have to pay as much as the 5inch locos , and why do you hate the line 980103

Status
Not open for further replies.