• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Short/no connection times?

Status
Not open for further replies.

londonmidland

Established Member
Hi,

So on Saturday 21st of July I am travelling from Leicester to Reading and for the cheapest fare, I will have to go via London.

I arrive at London St Pancras at 09:12 but on the NRE website it says I have to get a Circle or Hammersmith and City line to Paddington at 09:12 which gives me no time to make that connection.

If I do make that connection, I arrive at Paddington at 09:57 and the train to Reading departs at 10:00 which gives me less than 3 minutes to find out what platform the train departs from. Currently says it's departing from Platform 4 but this could change.

All times are from National Rail Enquires website.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

hluraven

The tube will only take 15 minutes or so, you have plenty of time from arriving at St Pancras to make a Paddington train 48 minutes later.

rail-britain

Established Member
The journey planners usually use the minimum connection times, 5 minutes or as per the specific station and/or route
Clearly something wrong there, so try a different website such as London Midland, and compare

bnm

Established Member
Nothing wrong. ;)

The NRE booking engine has just added the minimum 45 minutes cross London transfer time between your National Rail arrival at St Pancakes and Underground arrival at Paddington. It hasn't actually given you a timetabled Underground service.

45 minutes is more than enough to make that transfer. It typically takes around 15 minutes on the tube. Add 10 minutes at either end to get to and from Underground stations and you still have time to spare.

louis97

Established Member
The tube journey on the Journey Planner is just purely showing you the time you have to get off one train and then time you need to be on the other, you will get off your arriving train at 0912 and by minimum connection time get on your next train at 0957.
45 minutes - plenty of time (You would be crazy to think the tube takes 45 minutes! :lol:)

The journey planner is not in any way linked to the tube timetable, there may not even be a tube at 0912.

calc7

Established Member
On a good day you could probably manage it in 45 minutes at a brisk walk.

Status
Not open for further replies.