• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Shortest Journey in Time on the New Anglia Units from London?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inthewest

Does anyone know what the shortest journey I can make is, starting from Liverpool Street on the new Anglia units?
I was thinking the Airport but there must be something closer?
Just want to sample them for a quick 10/20 mins or so.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

rg177

Established Member
Associate Staff
International Transport
For the 745s, all of the Stansted Airport services stop at Tottenham Hale which is around 10 minutes out of Liverpool Street.

Oyster or a Travelcard will do you fine for this journey.

Dave91131

There's an ex Norwich 745 which departs Stratford for Liverpool Street at about 42 minutes past each hour.

I've never really been sure if these are officially set down only at Stratford - I did a few of them yesterday, and on the information screens they were simply advertised as a service to Liverpool Street only with no mention of set down only, so even if they were in times past I guess they aren't now.

Ianno87

Veteran Member
There's an ex Norwich 745 which departs Stratford for Liverpool Street at about 42 minutes past each hour.

I've never really been sure if these are officially set down only at Stratford - I did a few of them yesterday, and on the information screens they were simply advertised as a service to Liverpool Street only with no mention of set down only, so even if they were in times past I guess they aren't now.

They are advertised locally at Stratford for pick-ups towards Liverpool Street

boiledbeans2

They are advertised locally at Stratford for pick-ups towards Liverpool Street

Yeah, that was how I sampled the Class 90 + Mk3 on its last days in March 2020. I boarded the Class 90 set right next to the guard at Stratford, and the guard didn't stop me. I did the reverse journey as well...

Status
Not open for further replies.