• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Should my season ticket be blue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lyesbkz

So I bought my season ticket (annual Chesterfield to Sheffield) and was expecting an actually durable blue bi-laminate ticket but received a regular orange one.

Interestingly none of the fields are labelled, i.e. it has the expiry date but doesn't say 'Valid until', it says STD but not 'Class', etc. as if the printer was expecting a ticket with the labels pre-printed on it.

Is this normal? Am I going to have problems with it? Could I get it changed for a durable (blue) one if I wanted to?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

island

Veteran Member
You won't have any issues, but you can get reprinted at any staffed station operated by the TOC you bought it from.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Wrong stock fed probably, so yes, blue stock would probably have been the correct one the ticket was set up for in the TIS.

Dent

Wrong stock fed probably, so yes, blue stock would probably have been the correct one the ticket was set up for in the TIS.

If it was expecting pre-printed headings then it doesn't sound like it was set up for the blue stock - that stock is also totally blank.

IIRC the season ticket stock with pre-printed headings is grey, though I haven't seen any new tickets issued on it for a long time.

lyesbkz

It was probably set up for a Gold Card, but that ticket won't get you a gold card, so that might be it!

Could this be resolved by a correctly done reprint or is it a limitation of the TIS and will just happen again?

In any event I shall at least try to see whether they'd be willing to reprint it on the blue stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.