• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Should the NHS refuse treatment for people that haven’t had the vaccination?

Status
Not open for further replies.

backontrack

Established Member
Absolutely

Indeed, it's a slippery slope this only allowing the righteous to have medical care BUT all the unclean must still pay their share.

Ah, but you're no longer fully vaccinated as the current interpretation is that you need a booster too to be "fully vaccinated." Nor can you make any excuse of "gap between jabs not enough" as the govt is not expecting ALL persons to have a booster even if less than 6 months after 2nd main jab- otherwise not "fully vaccinated." Sorry mate, you ain't one of the righteous any more ;)

(for a bit of context- I was accused up post of being anti-vax even though I made it clear I had the first 2 jabs, it was the booster I have decided not to have- for various reasons although I also note it was offered less than 6 months since my second jab so yet again the govt move the goalposts which were previously requiring a minimum gap of 6 months between 2nd jab and booster).

As I said above, we need to stop the inflammatory language, someone who is vaccine hesitant for the COVID vaccine- whether that be the first, second jab or booster no 1 or further boosters- is NOT THE SAME as an "antivaxxer" who is against all vaccines.

Lumping the 2 things together to try to threaten people into having yet another COVID vaccine is extremely unhelpful and counterproductive.

There has been a constant shifting of goalposts and information about need for/efficacy of COVID vaccines seems to depend on what particular "nudge" the govt want to use next. That does not engender trust or confidence.

TPO

The vast majority of bed-blockers are there because whilst in hospital the NHS pay for their care, once discharged the Local Authority picks up the tab. The local authorities are totally skint, so make lots of excuses to avoid putting in place the care package the person (most often old and frail) requires.

Maybe you should direct your wrath to the offspring of these "bedblockers" and make them take mum/dad home and care for them?????

I really don't understand why @nedchester, but you seem to have fixated all of your anger about the COVID restrictions on a group of people who are in the main either of an age so as to not be at risk from what is in fact a very survivable disease, or on those who decided that after having COVID and/or working on the healthcare/social care front line in the first and worst wave, there's little point in being vaccinated now- for them the stable door is well and truly left open after horse bolting.

Anyway, even if 100% of UK were "fully vaccinated" against COVID (whatever that means at the time), you're in cloud-cuckoo land if you think govt would abandon all restrictions then. Remember- it was said at the start of the vaccination campaign that "until the world beats COVID then we all remain at risk." And so it goes on.......... and of course the sucking up of the vaccine for ever-more boosters by the rich west makes it much more difficult for poorer countries to get even a first round of vaccination done.

TPO
I literally said I'd been boosted

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

farleigh

Useless bed blockers wasting people's time. One third of Londoners haven't even had one jab.

Seriously though if I was working in a hospital I'd be fuming at having to deal with this.

But hey the anti-vaxxers on here will 'claim' that 5 million "can't" have the vaccine.
I don't think you are trolling so I will take your post seriously.

Your sentiments are very unkind and thoughtless and thankfully in a vanishingly small minority.

The Ham

Established Member
Absolutely

Indeed, it's a slippery slope this only allowing the righteous to have medical care BUT all the unclean must still pay their share.

Ah, but you're no longer fully vaccinated as the current interpretation is that you need a booster too to be "fully vaccinated." Nor can you make any excuse of "gap between jabs not enough" as the govt is not expecting ALL persons to have a booster even if less than 6 months after 2nd main jab- otherwise not "fully vaccinated." Sorry mate, you ain't one of the righteous any more ;)

(for a bit of context- I was accused up post of being anti-vax even though I made it clear I had the first 2 jabs, it was the booster I have decided not to have- for various reasons although I also note it was offered less than 6 months since my second jab so yet again the govt move the goalposts which were previously requiring a minimum gap of 6 months between 2nd jab and booster).

As I said above, we need to stop the inflammatory language, someone who is vaccine hesitant for the COVID vaccine- whether that be the first, second jab or booster no 1 or further boosters- is NOT THE SAME as an "antivaxxer" who is against all vaccines.

Lumping the 2 things together to try to threaten people into having yet another COVID vaccine is extremely unhelpful and counterproductive.

There has been a constant shifting of goalposts and information about need for/efficacy of COVID vaccines seems to depend on what particular "nudge" the govt want to use next. That does not engender trust or confidence.

The vast majority of bed-blockers are there because whilst in hospital the NHS pay for their care, once discharged the Local Authority picks up the tab. The local authorities are totally skint, so make lots of excuses to avoid putting in place the care package the person (most often old and frail) requires.

Maybe you should direct your wrath to the offspring of these "bedblockers" and make them take mum/dad home and care for them?????

I really don't understand why @nedchester, but you seem to have fixated all of your anger about the COVID restrictions on a group of people who are in the main either of an age so as to not be at risk from what is in fact a very survivable disease, or on those who decided that after having COVID and/or working on the healthcare/social care front line in the first and worst wave, there's little point in being vaccinated now- for them the stable door is well and truly left open after horse bolting.

Anyway, even if 100% of UK were "fully vaccinated" against COVID (whatever that means at the time), you're in cloud-cuckoo land if you think govt would abandon all restrictions then. Remember- it was said at the start of the vaccination campaign that "until the world beats COVID then we all remain at risk." And so it goes on.......... and of course the sucking up of the vaccine for ever-more boosters by the rich west makes it much more difficult for poorer countries to get even a first round of vaccination done.

TPO

And the reason why the council's have no money?

We'll for starters Central Government cutting their funding from Central Government twice by a significant amount (the second was by over 50%) in the last 6 years.

However on top of that it's been known that the population was aging and so the costs for the council's would increase significantly whilst making those cuts.

On top of that Central Government was also limiting their ability to raise council tax by capping the rate which they could increase the tax rate. Limiting their ability to compensate for the above things.

Mag_seven

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
There is too much ill feeling and toxicity on this thread so we are bringing it to a close.

Thank you to anyone who has made a positive contribution.

Status
Not open for further replies.