• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Shred`s UK trips.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

shredder1

Established Member
Llangollen Railway, Mixed Traffic Gala. Saturday and Sunday 14th and 15th April 2018.

I do like the Llangollen Railway and always enjoy visiting on gala events, this one was a bit unusual being advertised as a steam gala, but also a mixed traffic event, which was fine as I like all railway traction. I drove down to Llangollen on Saturday morning, an early visit to the depot to phot the locos steaming up, the staff are always very good there and as long as you wear an hi viz and keep out of the way, they usually don`t mind you having a look around the yard if you are by yourself.

The locomotives operating was steam locos and star of the show, Great Western Heavy Freight loco 3802, GWR Prairie tank 5199, GWR Pannier tank 6430, BR Standard 5MT 80072, and diesel locomotives, Class 26 D5310 and Class 47 1566, the Class 37 6940 was originally rostered, but unfortunately failed on the Saturday. Saturday had some great weather with plenty of sun at times, Sunday started off dull but cleared up as the day went on.

I`d booked accommodation at a guest house “Monastir” in the village of Coedpoeth outside Wrexham. On both days I travelled on the trains and also went lineside, Llangollen offers some wonderful locations for photting along the Dee Valley and the new Central station at Corwen appears to be coming along nicely. It was a fantastic two days and I thank all the staff involved for a fantastic weekend.

http://llangollen-railway.co.uk/

https://www.facebook.com/nick.melli...35029410676.1073743039.100001125840218&type=3

AnthonyRail

Established Member
Llangollen Railway, Mixed Traffic Gala. Saturday and Sunday 14th and 15th April 2018.

I do like the Llangollen Railway and always enjoy visiting on gala events, this one was a bit unusual being advertised as a steam gala, but also a mixed traffic event, which was fine as I like all railway traction. I drove down to Llangollen on Saturday morning, an early visit to the depot to phot the locos steaming up, the staff are always very good there and as long as you wear an hi viz and keep out of the way, they usually don`t mind you having a look around the yard if you are by yourself.

The locomotives operating was steam locos and star of the show, Great Western Heavy Freight loco 3802, GWR Prairie tank 5199, GWR Pannier tank 6430, BR Standard 5MT 80072, and diesel locomotives, Class 26 D5310 and Class 47 1566, the Class 37 6940 was originally rostered, but unfortunately failed on the Saturday. Saturday had some great weather with plenty of sun at times, Sunday started off dull but cleared up as the day went on.

I`d booked accommodation at a guest house “Monastir” in the village of Coedpoeth outside Wrexham. On both days I travelled on the trains and also went lineside, Llangollen offers some wonderful locations for photting along the Dee Valley and the new Central station at Corwen appears to be coming along nicely. It was a fantastic two days and I thank all the staff involved for a fantastic weekend.

http://llangollen-railway.co.uk/

https://www.facebook.com/nick.melli...35029410676.1073743039.100001125840218&type=3
Llangollen is on list to visit. Great photos, where too this weekend?

shredder1

Established Member
Llangollen is on list to visit. Great photos, where too this weekend?

Thank you very much Anthony, yes its a wonderful railway. This weekend I`m driving up to the Weardale Railway for the class 31 gala, they have 5 apparently, Its a lovely railway I`ve done it before, but this visit I`ll have new track because they are running back from Wolsingham to Bishop Auckland, I`ve booked an hotel for Friday and Saturday in Wolsingham, so looking forward to a good weekend.
Bought a ticket for both days, I have a 250 mile round trip from here driving, but I don`t mind for a change, I`ll drive up after work tomorrow afternoon.

Kite159

Veteran Member
Enjoy the Weardale, it's good they are using the track towards Bishop Auckland as it opens up more connections (visitors can visit by train and a short walk rather than a bus)

shredder1

Established Member
Enjoy the Weardale, it's good they are using the track towards Bishop Auckland as it opens up more connections (visitors can visit by train and a short walk rather than a bus)

Thank you Kite, yes I need the line from Wolsingham to Bishop, looking forward to it, I do like that railway.

shredder1

Established Member
Weardale Railway Class 31, Diesel Gala. Saturday and Sunday 21st and 22nd of April 2018.

It had been a few years since I`d visited the Weardale Railway and they were only operating a DMU between Stanhope and Wolsingham at the time, so I was pleased to hear the announcement of the Class 31 gala and more so the fact that it was operating back into Bishop Auckland West, new track for me. Locomotives running were Class 31`s 31190, 31106, 31465, 31285 and 31459, a great selection of liveries too, with two in Network Rail Yellow, two in BR Blue and one in the original BR striped green. The railway also displayed three other class 31`s on the depot at Wolsingham and visible from the train, 31602 in Network Rail Yellow, 31468 in FM Rail, black with red stripes and 31454 in Intercity Livery.

I decided to drive up after work Friday evening, a 250-mile round trip, unfortunately I hit the traffic at the top of the M1 above Leeds, so I didn’t arrive at my accommodation until 21.00. I`d booked two nights at the Brown Horse Hotel at Tow Law, Wolsingham, at £35 a night a little more expensive than I`d rather pay, but it was a nice change and a senior rover for the two days on the railway was £35 also, so not too bad for a weekend away.
I was down to the depot early Saturday morning and managed a few photographs through the railings, before driving along the valley to Stanhope, for a couple of egg and sausage bread cakes as they call them in that part of the world, (they didn’t know what a muffin was).

I was on the first train out to Bishop Auckland West, a fair old run at just over 16 miles and an amazing line with so much history, I`m so please for the Railway that they have managed to reopen the line back into Bishop Auckland again. I also believe we were the first Class 31 to travel in and out of Bishop Auckland West and we were treated to the green liveried machine. Returning to Stanhope, back to Bishop Auckland and then returning as far as Witton-Le-Wear, back to Bishop Auckland and back to Stanhope again.

I spent most of the day riding, the weather was excellent though and maybe I should have done more trackside photting, but it was a very enjoyable first day and I even had two surprise meets with Graham Morris and Gary Smith from the Czech Grumpy rail tours. At one point in the day I drove along the valley to Eastgate to check out the line Westerward and after viewing Eastgate station. I decided to revisit and walk the track bed into the former Lafarge site the following day. The trains on the Saturday ran a little late and I waited to phot the last but one through Walsingham before driving back to the Hotel for the night and a few local ales in the bar before bedtime.

Sunday morning and I was up, showered and out of the hotel for 07.00, a late start for me. I drove along the valley back to Stanhope, two more breakfast breadcakes to set me up for the day and I was on the first train out again, but this time only as far as Wolsingham, while I waited for the short run set to take me back to Frosterley, before returning on a full line run back to Bishop Auckland. The weather was sunny to start with, lower temperatures than the Saturday, but the sun came out again towards the late afternoon. I drove back to Eastgate to explore Lafarge proper and followed the old track bed right into the former work site, the tracks were still in situ, although the lines over the river bridge to what was once a private siding had been removed. I got chatting to the chap who had bought Eastgate Station House, a lovely bloke who gave me a bit more history about the line.

Later returning to Stanhope for the last run of the day back to Bishop Auckland and returning to Stanhope before the long drive home to Manchester. Not a bad run back once I`d got on the A1 and the last light of the day had just faded as I arrived back into my village. It had been a fantastic weekend, a really big well done to the Weardale Railway and thank you for a really great event.

https://www.weardale-railway.org.uk/

https://www.facebook.com/nick.melli...84772179035.1073743046.100001125840218&type=3

Kite159

Veteran Member
Sounded like a good little trip, now that the section to Bishop Auckland West has been reopened I wonder if there will be any railtours to that part, although it will make it easier for someone without a car to visit

shredder1

Established Member
Sounded like a good little trip, now that the section to Bishop Auckland West has been reopened I wonder if there will be any railtours to that part, although it will make it easier for someone without a car to visit

Yes very enjoyable Kite thank you, I know they have done railtours in the past, indeed some right into Lafarge back in the day, hopefully we`ll see some more now.

shredder1

Established Member
Ireland, Northern (Day 1). Saturday 28th April 2018

A three-day weekend trip over to Northern Ireland, a country I hadn’t visited before, although I have travelled at lot in the Republic of Ireland. My intention was the travel all the passenger lines on the NIR network, and also travel down to Dublin on the Enterprise. It was a great three-days.

I took a 07.00 Flybe flight out of Manchester Airport, between Manchester and Belfast you are only in the air for around 40 minutes and we had clear views of the Isle of Man as we passed over. The worrying bit was that the plane I was one had propellers and one wasn’t working as we taxied up the runway, fortunately it fired up before we took to the air, apparently, they do that to save fuel, (and probably create heart attacks for the passengers in the process).

The weather was glorious as I landed into George Best Belfast City Airport. I purchased a Translink iLink Zone 4 card for £17 from the Airport Tourist Information desk and that was my transport sorted out for the day, the Zone 4 covered me all over Northern Ireland on the trains and buses, fantastic value.

I caught the Airport Express bus directly into Belfast Great Victoria Street railway station and was out on the first train north, a few hours run up to Londonderry. I stayed an hour in the city and after grabbing some lunch I needed to get back to the station for the next train back to the junction at Coleraine. I really must revisit Londonderry however and spent some time there, I did find the original railway station, which is just across the road from the new monstrosity, word is a foot to reopen the original station for tourism and historical reasons, so watch this space.

Returning to Coleraine I next boarded the shuttle service out to Portrush, my second line of the day, but again because of time restrains I had to return on the same train that took me out there, so I was only at Portrush for about five minutes as the driver changed ends.

From Coleraine I took a train back down towards Belfast and I had planned to travel the Larne line next, but this was a two hourly service and it passed through Yorkgate five minutes before my train from Coleraine arrived, I`m sure it could have been planned on the timetable better.

While I was at Yorkgate with 2 hours to kill, I decided to walk out to York Road locomotive depot, it was very tight though located between a busy motorway and a high security industrial estate, so I headed right into the depot yard and the security office. I was surprised to find a very pleasant chap who told me that no one was around on a Saturday, but if I came back on Monday he didn’t see no reason why I wouldn’t be allowed around.

I caught a bus back into Belfast City Centre and walked to Great Victoria Street station, caught another train up to the Central station and was nicely on time for the Larne train, my last line of the day. After traversing the Larne line, I return to Belfast Central railway station and was surprised to find the Belmond Grand Hibernian luxury train parked up, presumably the inmates had taken to the City for a night out.

Also, strange parked alongside on the opposite platform was two Iarnrod Eireann Republic of Ireland Class 29 DMUs and in both old and new liveries on a cross border workings. The day however was coming to the end and my next train was to the City Hospital and to search out the Belfast City Backpackers, my bed for the night.

The hostel was fine and I shared a dormer with some lovely Argentinian’s, great lads, touring and we had a few beers together before I turned in. I was please with what I`d achieved for the first day and only had one more line to do, which would wait until the following day, it was the Bangor line. I slept well that night.

https://www.luxurytrainclub.com/trains/belmond-grand-hibernian/

https://www.facebook.com/nick.melli...59981381514.1073743048.100001125840218&type=3

shredder1

Established Member
Ireland, Northern and the Republic, (Day 2). Sunday 29th April 2018.

A three-day weekend trip over to Northern Ireland, a country I hadn’t visited before, although I have travelled at lot in the Republic of Ireland. My intention was the travel all the passenger lines on the NIR network, and also travel down to Dublin on the Enterprise.

I was up at the Belfast Backpackers and out for 06.00, it was a Sunday morning however and nothing in Belfast appeared to be open, Id had a coffee in the hostel, but couldn’t find anything open in the City. I actually walked into Great Victoria Street and the station was closed, so I walked across the City to Central station and that was also closed and didn’t open until 08.00, for an International City I was surprised.

Fortunately, a café was just opening inside the station and for breakfast I had a large Bratwurst German sausage on an equally large flavoured bun type bread thing, it was absolutely delicious and I washed down with a Latte.

I was catching the Enterprise and crossing the border to the Republic of Ireland and Dublin, a City I`d not visited since the 1990`s when I did a number of railtours with the ITG. The price was £30.50 return with a NIR day rover, so good value as Belfast to Dublin is a two hour 20 minute journey time alone.

It was a very enjoyable journey down to Dublin and nice to be on Connolly station again, the depot was still there but with only two locos in the yard, nice to see the old Dart units still operating although plenty of new DMU`s were also present and indeed Dublin`s LRT network which hadn’t been built on my last visit. Had I had more time I would have visited Dublin Heuston railway station which is now on the tram network and only a few stops away from Connolly.

I only realistically had just over two hours in Dublin as I needed to catch the 14.00 Enterprise back up to Belfast, because I still wanted to finish my NIR lines and had the Bangor line to complete plus the curve from Great Victoria Street to Adelaide.
I photographed the new trams and also spent time on Connolly station, I also grabbed a quick subway and eaten it on the station platforms as I didn’t want to miss anything on my short visit.

The Enterprise left on time but before we crossed the border, we were warned by the train crew that a security warning had been issued and we were to leave the train at Newry, apparently it was a bomb warning, so they must still have problems over there, a great shame.

We all left the train ay Newry and a bus replacement service took us back into Belfast which was only 25 minutes down on the train by the time we arrived, so no big deal for me really and I still had time to traverse the Bangor branch. On arrival I took a stroll into the town at Bangor and stopped off for some tea in a street cafe, a lovely place and the weather was still holding out.

Returning to Bangor railway station my next train took me back into Great Victoria Street station and out on the final curve to Adelaide to see if I could access the depot. Adelaide depot is heavily fenced though and is essentially a DMU depot, so it was a case of just taking a few photographs through the fencing.

I returned to Belfast Central as another class 201 was in the station and I wanted to photograph it before walking out to my hostel, the Lagan. The hostel was fine and after I settled in I went to the common room and found a guitar to annoy everyone with and received some nice compliments in the process. I retired after a few ales and more or less had the dorm to myself until some loud drunken kids arrived at 02.30 in the morning. I however got my own back on Monday morning as I was up at 05.00 and made as much nose getting ready as they had arriving a few hours earlier, all good fun this hostelling.

https://www.facebook.com/nick.melli...53631282149.1073743051.100001125840218&type=3

shredder1

Established Member
Ireland, Northern, (Day 3). Monday 30th April 2018.

A three-day weekend trip over to Northern Ireland, a country I hadn’t visited before, although I have travelled at lot in the Republic of Ireland. My intention was the travel all the passenger lines on the NIR network, and also travel down to Dublin on the Enterprise.

My last day in Belfast and I was flying back into Manchester at 16.45 in the afternoon, so wanted to get as much in as possible. I walked into the City from the Lagan Backpackers, up and out for 06.00 and down to Great Victoria Street station for a breakfast of poached eggs, grilled tomatoes’, avocado, wholegrain toast and an Irish coffee to wash it down, and after that the Monday morning rush hour.

I later caught a train out to Yorkgate and walked round to York Road Locomotive Depot and into the yard to ask the security again for permission to go around the depot, another nice guy on the gate, but explained that I would have to write in for permission, fair enough. I walked out to the bridge that crossed the railway and Motorway and managed to take a few photographs from that location.

My next move was a bus back to Yorkgate station, with a train back to Belfast Central station as I wanted to take some photographs from Lagan Railway Bridge, the weather was again glorious with blue skies and hot sun.

I later returned to Great Victoria Street station and boarded another train, this time down to Portadown, arriving just in time to see the Enterprise arriving from Dublin, I could have caught this back to Belfast Central station, but instead returned to Great Victoria Street station for my last few photographs of the trip before catching the Express Bus to the airport.

I returned to the International Airport at Belfast flying back into Manchester by Ryanair. I did my usual trick of reading the whisky bottles in the duty-free shop when a lovely young lady came up to me and asked would I like to try any samples, I had three free samples of Teeling Whiskies a single malt, a single grain and a sherry oak cask, amazing stuff, especially the single malt which tasted quite strong for an Irish whisky.

The flight back into Manchester was uneventful, only 40 minutes in the air and we were back on English tarmac in no time at all, a great weekend though, and many thanks for reading.

https://www.facebook.com/nick.melli...77557906423.1073743052.100001125840218&type=3

shredder1

Established Member
The Rushden Railway, Cavalcade of Historic Transport. Saturday 5th May 2018.

An early start and up at 04.30, I had a long series of train journeys down to Wellingborough, to visit the Rushden Railway, one I hadn’t visited before. I drove down to Manchester to catch the 06.13 TPX service to Sheffield and I was treated to an EMT HST down to Leicester, before catching an EMT Meridian into Wellingborough. Leicester now has an amazing collection of class 56`s, presently stored but rumoured to have been bought for reuse. Once I arrived at Wellingborough, It was then a case of walking into the town and catching a bus out to Rushden and the railway, a half hours ride journey.

The Rushden Railway, Cavalcade of Historic Transport had a few issues, I originally booked an on-line ticket £6.00 for the event, but then it was cancelled because the field they were having it in was apparently flooded, so they returned £5 of my money, the next thing I knew was that it was on again but scaled down, I was however allowed free entry, but make sure I made a donation anyway. They had obviously been working very hard behind the scenes.

I`d presumed that the railway would be operating, but it wasn’t, apparently, they`ve had a few problems this year. However, I walked the length of the line to check it out, the Railway have around a half mile of track east towards Higham Ferrers where they hope to extend towards, at the opposite end of the line towards Wellingborough a bridge is out at the end of the platform, so that would be a major obstacle travelling west again towards Wellingborough. The station building at Rushden was very well preserved so is the goods depot opposite, two lovely Midland signal boxes are on site, a DMU and a number of small locos, and vehicles of various descriptions, so the railway does have potential. A museum was available in the station buildings and the railway had quite a collection of artefacts. A fixed former LNER buffet car was also open serving hot rolls and pies, drinks and cakes, with a hog roast in the good shed.

The cavalcade was fine with plenty of heritage vehicles, cars and motorbikes, stalls and an animal section with reptiles, owls and snakes for the public to see, so it was a good family event, but a bit disappointing for a rail enthusiast, but I still enjoyed the visit and they even had totem fridge magnets, albeit in West Yorkshire Orange and not Midland Red.

I spent a few hours at the event, the weather was very hot with glorious sunshine throughout the day, I later returned by bus to Wellingborough, caught a train back to Nottingham where I took a break to photograph the new trams, later returning to Derby for a look around the new station development, and then Sheffield to change trains back to Manchester and collect the car, arriving home by around 20.00, so it had been a full and enjoyable day in Midland territory. Thanks to the Rushden Railway and its volunteers for a lovely visit.

https://rhts.co.uk/

https://www.facebook.com/nick.melli...96844331161.1073743053.100001125840218&type=3

Last edited:

Kite159

Veteran Member
Another little railway visited, shame there wasn't any trains running but it's good they got something running

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Really nice to see that you made it over to Northern Ireland Shred. I’ve made it up to Portrush on the train from Belfast and also to Bangor (Mrs C is a Bangor girl and some of the family live there), it is a lovely place.
Hoping to do the steam out to Whitehead at some point.

shredder1

Established Member
Really nice to see that you made it over to Northern Ireland Shred. I’ve made it up to Portrush on the train from Belfast and also to Bangor (Mrs C is a Bangor girl and some of the family live there), it is a lovely place.
Hoping to do the steam out to Whitehead at some point.

Its a lovely country, first time I`d visited the North, I could do with another visit to the south still need a few lines

shredder1

Established Member
Hi Anthony, I was a little stuck for choice this weekend, because the diesel gala at Swanage is taking place and I have a few mates going down there, but instead I have just booked accomodation for two nights, tonight in Youlgrave YHA, I`ll drive down after work and for Saturday I`ve booked in an hotel in Loughborough, I`m on the Great Central for the freight gala, driving down for a change but that way I can take my steps for the bridges, so I`ll probably go lineside saturday depending on the weather and maybe ride on the sunday.

shredder1

Established Member
Great Central Railway, Goods Galore Gala, (Day 1). Saturday 12th May 2018.

I`d been looking forward to the freight event at the Great Central since it was first mooted and wasn’t disappointed, we had two glorious days of hot and sunny weather, even the BBC got it wrong.

I decided to drive down to Loughborough on the Friday evening after work, I use to stay at the Peacock Inn near the loco sheds, at Loughborough, but since new owners took over the prices have increased from £25 a night to £40, a lot of money for a bed. I opted instead to call in at Peak Forest as I usually do when driving in that direction and booked a night in the YHA at Youlgreave (£10), to break the journey up on the drive down.

The traffic was not too bad on the way down the A6 and I was equally happy at finding some movement at Peak Forest, with no less than 6 Class 66`s with some still moving waggons around and the locos were in four different liveries too. No class 60`s however and I`m wondering have they finished on the stone trains.

Youlgreave YHA was only ten minutes from the A6 just North of Rowsley, so handy for Peakrail events also. An interesting Hostel set in the old Co-operative buildings and it was the first time I`d stayed at that particular one. I was however up showered and out for 06.00, as I`d heard the M1 was closed around Loughborough, fortunately it was closed after the junction I needed to come off at and on my way into Loughborough I also found an all-night McDonalds, so a porridge with honey, egg McMuffin, bagel with philly and a Cappuccino brought me back to life.

I made my way to the loco sheds on arrival to phot the engines steaming up, these were Standard 5MT 73156, Britannia 70013 Oliver Cromwell, BR Standard Riddles 2MT 78018, Fowler 3F Jinty 47406, Collett/Hawksworth, Modified Hall 6990 Witherslack Hall, Stanier 8F 48624 and Sulzer diesel loco Class 25 D5185. The Riddles 2MT however failed after its first few runs on the Saturday and was replaced for the rest of that day by Class 20 D8098 and on Sunday Ivatt Class 2 46521was put into service, so we had a really good selection of both locos and both passenger and goods rakes.

I originally thought of riding for one day, but the weather was so good that I instead stayed lineside for the event, taking with me a pair of steps for the bridges and a chair to sit on and catch a few rays in between trains.

It was a great day, I opted for a number of locations including Beeches Road, A6004 Road Bridge, and Kinchley Lane. Met up with a few old friends and had a fantastic time.

Saturday night I stayed at the Guest House in Rempstone, £30 for the night and very nice, located some 3.5 mile North East from Loughborough, the usual couple of local ales on arrival, and I slept well after a first great day.

http://www.gcrailway.co.uk/

https://www.facebook.com/nick.melli...69820150530.1073743057.100001125840218&type=3

shredder1

Established Member
Great Central Railway, Goods Galore Gala, (Day 2). Sunday 13th May 2018.

Locomotives running were, Standard 5MT 73156, Britannia 70013 Oliver Cromwell, BR Standard Riddles 2MT 78018, Fowler 3F Jinty 47406, Collett/Hawksworth, Modified Hall 6990 Witherslack Hall, Stanier 8F 48624 and Sulzer diesel loco Class 25 D5185. The Riddles 2MT however failed after its first few runs on the Saturday and was replaced for the rest of that day by Class 20 D8098 and on Sunday Ivatt Class 2 46521was put into service.

A slightly later start at the Guest House Rempstone after a restful sleep, showered and out for 07.00. I stopped on the way back to photograph the new bridge over the Midland Main line, impressive, shame it’s not double track though, but I do realised the effort that’s gone into getting this far. Supplies for the day where from the Tesco`s Express in the town and I was off back down to the loco depot for a few early photographs of the engines being steamed up as usual.

Back on the railway station ay Loughborough Central and out to Beeches Road with the ladders for some departure shots. Next location was the A6004 road bridge, sadly this location is changing with new housing development taking place at the side of the railway.

I met up with a mate from my town John, at the Road bridge, so he jumped in the car with me and we went up to Kinchley Lane for most of the afternoon, this was the warmest of the two days.

Returning to the A6004 Road bridge until the end of the gala. I took John home in the car and we called at Peak Forest again still five class 66`s in the yard, so it still gets busy down there. I dropped John off and arrived home for 20.00, a fantastic weekend, a really big well done to the Great Central railway and thanks for a marvellous weekend, although I didn’t spend money riding on this trip I did buy a few books from the station and also put in a donation for the new canal bridge development.

http://www.gcrailway.co.uk/

https://www.facebook.com/nick.melli...29673377878.1073743060.100001125840218&type=3

palmersears

Established Member
The traffic was not too bad on the way down the A6 and I was equally happy at finding some movement at Peak Forest, with no less than 6 Class 66`s with some still moving waggons around and the locos were in four different liveries too. No class 60`s however and I`m wondering have they finished on the stone trains.

You get the odd working to Ashburys or Dallam that throw up a 60 if DBC are short of 66s but, in the main, the one 60 that is stabled there tends to be used for a few shunting moves around the Cemex sidings and not a lot else these days.

shredder1

Established Member
You get the odd working to Ashburys or Dallam that throw up a 60 if DBC are short of 66s but, in the main, the one 60 that is stabled there tends to be used for a few shunting moves around the Cemex sidings and not a lot else these days.

Oh thank you very much for that, appreciated

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
The GCR gala looked great. They’ve got all the props for that mainline feel up there.
Did the brake tender get much use?