• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Shrewsbury Crewe Bank

Status
Not open for further replies.
There has been a lot of work going on at Shrewsbury Crewe Bank ('CB') over the past couple of weeks. Today and tonight the Shrewsbury to Crewe line has even been shut for the work going on here!

Could someone tell me what exactly they are doing? Are they doing work on the yard (coal at the moment) below too? And what about the signal box? I would have thought Crewe Bank would be one of the signal boxes most likely to close in the age of rationalisation we live in.

Any answers would be great! :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

I was just wondering if there was going to be a change in the track layout? The coal yard ("New Yard") was rumoured to be closing about a year ago. I don't think they are changing the signalling, though I am surprised that Crewe Bank still has its own signal box, rather than being controled from Crewe Junction or even Harlescott.

Status
Not open for further replies.