• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Shrewsbury

Status
Not open for further replies.

ge-gn

Hi,

Anyone know of a decent greasy spoon near Shrewsbury station? I've got a 40 minute connection there before I head down the HoW at 0900 on Saturday and I'm going to be in need of a bacon sarnie after a few ales the night before.

Cheers!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Veteran Member
The newsagents on the station approach on the left does coffees and snacks but not sure about hot food. Street View shows a cafe type place going towards town centre on the right but I've not used it.

Dave1954

On Moderation
JD Wetherspoons will be to far for you as you have only 40 mins :(

Ash Bridge

Established Member
If it's just a bacon roll you're after, there is the station buffet on platforms 4 & 7 now operated by Starbucks who should have bacon panini's available, purchased one at Stafford Station recently and found it quite acceptable.

37078xotTE

Established Member
Hi,

Anyone know of a decent greasy spoon near Shrewsbury station? I've got a 40 minute connection there before I head down the HoW at 0900 on Saturday and I'm going to be in need of a bacon sarnie after a few ales the night before.

Cheers!

The café on the right hand side of the road as you head into town is very good but if you fancy something more "takeaway" turn right out of the station back under the railway bridge and about 50 yards down on the left hand side of the road is Effe's takeaway does excellent kebabs and has been there for over 30 years and was a firm favourite of mine after a few ales in my youth.

Status
Not open for further replies.