• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Shunt Driver DMI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave19801980

Hello all,

Might seem like a silly question.....but if, in the interview, I get asked 'what do you know about the role of a shunt driver?'.....is there such a thing as trying to know and describe too much about what I think it is?....or should I just keep it brief....as in, open to being trained by them etc?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

I would keep it brief, just what the role is ( probably check job description) be it moving trains around the yard to do a / b ( making up units / tanking etc following the railway rule book and local instructions.
If you don’t 100% know what it is don’t waffle on, just keep it generic. If you KNOW more then add a little context ie I’ll be moving trains through wash plants / refuelling.

Are you clued up on shunt driver does and at your chosen location ?

dan5324

On Moderation
If it’s for the c2c role I can assure you, they WONT ask you that.

They will however ask you why c2c? Why not another company? What can you bring to this role? And why do you want to be a shunter driver.

Last edited:

Daz1310

If it’s for the c2c role I can assure you, they WONT ask you that.

They will however ask you why c2c? Why not another company? What can you bring to this role? And why do you want to be a shunter driver.
Hi dan

Have you done the c2c process for shunter DMI interview?

Status
Not open for further replies.