• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Shunter driver assessment (Tunbridge) - A question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BaldFade

Hi all,

I recently had an assessment for Trainee shunter driver at Tonbridge assessment centre. I passed the first stage, but not the computer test.

I'm aware of my mistake with the grey box test, however I'm suprised at the test which flashes a picture for a second and you have to choose what you saw in the picture (traffic lights, pedestrians, buses ect).

I believe my mistake was overthinking what a "traffic sign" is, however I wasn't allowed any feedback on how close I was too passing ect.

I will re-apply in 6 months if any positions arise. My question...

Is there any training tests online which can help with the computer stage of the assessment, specifically the flashing picture test?

Kind regards

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

NorthernTech

I assume a Shunter Psychometric Assessment is the same as any driver test. You just need to use the search function at the top right of this forum page and type in Psychometric Test or similar.. It has all been asked and documented on here somewhere, you just need to spend some time searching and making notes. There is also the Group Bourdon thread at the top of the page for the dots test. The more time you spend researching the past posts on here, the more you are likely to feel prepared in my opinion. The company putting you through the tests will send you info on the tests and it will include practice tests to help too.

Applepie356

Does anyone know where I can find practice psychometric test papers for a shunter driver assessment?
You should get sent some practice materials sent to you at least 7 days before the test.

Also I highly recommend you looking at the stickied group bourdon thread as that has a very useful tool. Personally I’d print them out as you will be doing them on paper on the actual test.

As for the other tests, use the search bar on the forum, I can’t speak for everyone but I only bothered practicing the group bourdon and MMI, and I ended up passing all the tests.

Status
Not open for further replies.