• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Sickness and applications

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beveridges

Established Member
You get 0 award for having 0 sick days, but you *could* get an application knocked back for having a bad sickness record.
If you have no intention for applying for another job for the long term future then there is no reason not to have as much sick as you can get away with.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

GB

Established Member
How about a bit of self respect, pride or professionalism? Or is that just me?

SS4

Established Member
How about a bit of self respect, pride or professionalism? Or is that just me?

For the most part they're abundant. As usual those playing by the rules are ignored - usually when management want to introduce punitive new rules (sorry guidelines) to combat a proportionally small threat.

It's human nature there will always be some who take days off where it's not necessary yet one may argue that's in management's interests as they needn't grab concessions. Of course if there were no shirkers life would be much simpler
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
When it comes to sick pay I firmly believe it's better to pay to ten shirkers than not pay one genuine case. Sickness record will speak for itself anyway!

TDK

Established Member
You get 0 award for having 0 sick days, but you *could* get an application knocked back for having a bad sickness record.
If you have no intention for applying for another job for the long term future then there is no reason not to have as much sick as you can get away with.

Incorrect

route:oxford

Established Member
Should an employer really be asking about sick-leave these days?

I know my current and previous employers, as with many other corporates, have reviewed legislation and removed references to illness and sick leave from applications.

My last 2 employers also refused to disclose the number of sick days for references*.

My current employer reached a stalemate with a previous (major) employer with current demanding the details and previous refusing to disclose. My current backed down and employed me without being able to check.

Status
Not open for further replies.