• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Sidings Near Dartford Crossing Seen From HS1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheJRB

Established Member
Every time I travel on HS1, I always see a Freightliner 66 stopped in what appears to be a siding just beyond the Dartford Crossing near Purfleet. Consulting the Rail Atlas 12th Edition, Purfleet Thames Terminal (Deep Water Wharf) seems to be around the right place but from what I can tell it's DB Schenker that uses that. I must say I'm now rather confused. If anybody could assist, it would be much appreciated.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

carriageline

Established Member
Is it possible FL have rented out the loco to DB? I know the same as you do! So could be "barking up the wrong tree", unless separate companies can stable locos there.

Never seen that siding though, although the one I have loved since I was younger is the big yard after the strood tunnels, think it is in Hoo. Remember always going through it on the way to Bromley south (god knows why that happened?) and the train always stopped to let a driver (I presume!) off the train!

Still love seeing it as you shoot theough

spurs4life

Your got four sidings there's deep wharf siding, foster yeoman siding,la farge marine terminal siding and Moyer than likely the one you have seen is Thames matex siding.

Status
Not open for further replies.