• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Signal Failure at Liverpool Lime St

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jozhua

Established Member
Never been to Liverpool Lime St, however I was travelling on an EMT train from Sheffield to Manchester and heard there had been a major signal failure, as announced by the guard.
Even more interestingly, there is an EMT 156 coupled to a 158 on the terminating platforms at Piccadilly, wondering if this is related?

Attachments

• 20190425_144352.jpg
    20190425_144352.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 103
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

londonmidland

Established Member
Its an Axle Counter Failure affecting Platforms 1 to 5 at Liverpool Lime Street.

1R74 0857 from Norwich terminated short at Piccadilly as a result of the issues.

Jozhua

Established Member
The 156 coupled up to the 158 is probably not related to the signalling issues, as they regularly work in pairs to and from Liverpool. 1R74 terminated short at Piccadilly as a result of the issues.

Oh I didn't mean the fact the 156 was coupled up to the 158, rather the fact EMT trains are in the terminating Piccadilly platforms.

LNW-GW Joint

Veteran Member
There was one yesterday too, somewhere on the Runcorn route.
LNR had some cancellations (turning at Crewe) but Virgin ran at least one train via Earlestown.
I discovered this when a red train flashed eastwards past my 323 near Rainhill.

Last edited:

gazzaa2

Couldn't have lasted long, it was fine at 3pm when I got my train home from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.