• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Signal maintenance interview

Status
Not open for further replies.

SH89

Afternoon

first time posting, I have an interview in a couple of weeks time for a signal maintenance op, I’ve been working in the electrical industry for the past 12 years and competent on testing, relay controls etc. I’m aware the interview will be heavily safety based and I’ve been studying up. Does anybody have any experience of the technical based questions I’ll get asked?
Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

hi there, mate... went through the interview not very long ago... learn as much as you can from the links they send you (safety vision and the signalling info on the NWR website)

amongst other, usual interview questions, like: about times when you have worked as part of a team, what you have done when things went wrong, etc... always be focused on safety, as it is the most critical aspect.

On the technical side, just brush up on circuit symbology and rail circuitry. Have a look on the internet for track circuit diagram. Practical exercises are fairly basic electrics, such as use of tools/meters, polarity, identification of electrical equipment, etc.

be relaxed and be yourself, interviewers are usually very friendly and helpful.

good luck :)

SH89

Hey mate, thanks for info. Hopefully it all went well for you! Was there another stage after your interview? Or is it job or bust?

I’ve got a couple of weeks before the interview so a bit time to study the symbols and circuit diagrams.

fingers crossed it all goes smoothly, it’s been a while since I’ve interviewed!

Hey mate, thanks for info. Hopefully it all went well for you! Was there another stage after your interview? Or is it job or bust?

I’ve got a couple of weeks before the interview so a bit time to study the symbols and circuit diagrams.

fingers crossed it all goes smoothly, it’s been a while since I’ve interviewed!

It went well and I'm now part of the team. Lol

Interview was the last stage, than job offer (conditioned to passing medical, drug and alcohol test)

As I mentioned, the technical part of it is a little basic. Use some of the time to really learn about the safety vision, lifesaving rules and the signalling system on the links they sent you as it shows interest and also your capacity of retaining information.

Interviewers were very friendly and helpful to get you comfortable so don't worry about it

Best of luck

SH89

It went well and I'm now part of the team. Lol

Interview was the last stage, than job offer (conditioned to passing medical, drug and alcohol test)

As I mentioned, the technical part of it is a little basic. Use some of the time to really learn about the safety vision, lifesaving rules and the signalling system on the links they sent you as it shows interest and also your capacity of retaining information.

Interviewers were very friendly and helpful to get you comfortable so don't worry about it

Best of luck
Hi mate, just wanted to say thanks for info, I’ve been offered the role and am now awaiting medical and tests before starting!
Cheers

Hi mate, just wanted to say thanks for info, I’ve been offered the role and am now awaiting medical and tests before starting!
Cheers
hey, great news! congrats and thanks for letting me know. Glad to be of any help.

Welcome on board!

Status
Not open for further replies.