• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Signal problem at Lewisham

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antman

Established Member
Expected to continue until 09.00. Trains from Hayes terminating at New Cross, trains from Gravesend via Sidcup are being diverted to Orpington.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Daz28

Is this the first time there have been direct services from Gravesend to Orpington?

It is unusual for the curve at Hither Green to be used for passenger services.

Antman

Established Member
Is this the first time there have been direct services from Gravesend to Orpington?

That's what I thought, I suppose there was nowhere else they could send trains from Sidcup?

Veteran Member
Expected to continue until 09.00. Trains from Hayes terminating at New Cross, trains from Gravesend via Sidcup are being diverted to Orpington.

The New Cross terminators were planned. The Loop trains continued to be diverted until around 1400. Despite the NRE report, the issue must have been at Hither Green, because the Victoria- Lewisham-Tonbridge services ran.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---

Indeed it is, though it is valuable for ECS.

Busaholic

Veteran Member

I lived there for years, and never knew it to happen then, even for empty stock.

ComUtoR

Established Member
I lived there for years, and never knew it to happen then, even for empty stock.

We used to have a turn that run round there every single day. Pretty sure ECS goes round there on daily basis. I've been round there in service on a few occasions.

Status
Not open for further replies.