• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Signalbox photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sigman_Freud

I'm gradually compiling a variety of photos showing many of the uk's signalboxes.

If anyone else has photos they'd like to share with the rest of us please email them to me with a brief description at the link shown on my site and I'll glady include them.

http://peter4816.fotopic.net/

Thanks
Sigman.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Sigman_Freud

Kinda sad to see a magnificent old box like Princes Risborough boarded up like that :cry:

I was always under the impression it was a listed building so I'm rather suprised its been allowed :shock:

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Seeing what it looked like before, it is actually better now.

Simming

Tis a good signalling site that, always liked it

(im the one who sent you the photos of the cornish boxes) ;)

joy54.gen

For Network Rail (and the previously Railtrack) don't really care about listed buildings if there in the way they'll just pay the fine of a few thousand pounds and get rid of it.

Sigman_Freud

Simming said:
Tis a good signalling site that, always liked it

(im the one who sent you the photos of the cornish boxes) ;)

Ah ! we meet again :D many thanks.

A work colleague is in the process of taking some photos of Exeter psb, Exmouth Junc, Paignton and Crediton so hopefully I will be able to display them in the next few days.

Simming

Seth said:
1288gaje said:
The Signal Box on the Right that controlled it is now disused

The signal was clearly installed long since the closure of the box.

That may not be 100% true.

The signal head may have been replaced with newer LED but the original may have been there long before. and I think the box that 1288 is on about controled the far victoria lines.

From what I have picked up, a signal that is decommisioned MUST have an 'X' over it to tell the drivers and Guards to dis-regard the signal as if it didn't exist. ;)

metrocammel

http://peter4816.fotopic.net/c537801.html

My mates been inside that box apparently, (and Ive got an invite to Stockport no.2 at some point in the future :D )
Macclesfield box is really handy from the station, as you can see the train (usually the 90 +mk2s for me) when it passes Congleton, so I can get my camera prepared in time for it's arrival.

Also, I must agree with Seth that the 1288gaj's shunting signal doesn't seem disused, A) Because it looks brand new with LED's & B) Because it's not covered up in any way. Just because it's used infrequently doesnt mean its disused
!!

MetCam.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Sigman_Freud said:
I'm gradually compiling a variety of photos showing many of the uk's signalboxes. ....
Hi and welcome to RailUK. Thanks for sharing the link, looks very interesting! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.