• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Signaller 3 - Gobowen

Status
Not open for further replies.

carbers255

Hi everyone.

I'm looking to see if anybody can tell me anything about the vacancy for this box? It has come up on the external NR list and I wanted to know if this is because of lack of internal interest or if there's any other overriding factor? I live just four miles from the box and feel it would be an ideal chance for me to secure a role (I recently passed all signaller assessments). I could be ready to go to Signalling School within a fortnight if deemed a suitable candidate. Anyway, enough rambling. If anyone can help then I'd be grateful. Many thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

headshot119

Established Member
Hi everyone.

I'm looking to see if anybody can tell me anything about the vacancy for this box? It has come up on the external NR list and I wanted to know if this is because of lack of internal interest or if there's any other overriding factor? I live just four miles from the box and feel it would be an ideal chance for me to secure a role (I recently passed all signaller assessments). I could be ready to go to Signalling School within a fortnight if deemed a suitable candidate. Anyway, enough rambling. If anyone can help then I'd be grateful. Many thanks.

There's a relative shortage of signalling staff around the area, and internal staff are unlikely to fill these positions when there isn't a certain long term future (Nothing has been decided on the Chester - Shrewsbury + Bidston resignalling yet so Gobowen is fairly safe).

TomBoyd

99% of the time, vacancies are made external because of a lack of applicants to an internal listing

Mikesig

99% of the time, vacancies are made external because of a lack of applicants to an internal listing

Although this vacancy is still showing on the internal list with a closing date of 26th September.

Llanigraham

On Moderation
Rumour has it that no-one is interested internally, but it is being left open in hope.

carbers255

Thank you. I will hope that nobody does then and I have now applied externally. It would be a fabulous opportunity for me and literally 5 mins from home too. Fingers x'd
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Thanks. Do you know the shift pattern for Gobowen please???

headshot119

Established Member
Thank you. I will hope that nobody does then and I have now applied externally. It would be a fabulous opportunity for me and literally 5 mins from home too. Fingers x'd
Thanks. Do you know the shift pattern for Gobowen please???

12 hour roster, change over times at 0600 an 1800 officially, though there may well be a bit of a local agreement to move them slightly.

carbers255

Thanks everyone. The closing date has now passed. Does anybody know if anybody applied internally please? Perhaps somebody on the forum has some knowledge? Worth a try............

Status
Not open for further replies.