• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Signaller Grades for New Entrants

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonp

I'm guessing that most of the grades at ROCs are higher grades due to the traffic. Do people 'off the street' have a realistic chance of getting a 7 or a 9 if they are good enough?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

nom de guerre

Yes, they do. My class at signalling school included three people going straight into Grade 9s.

Incidentally, both ROCs around here include at least some Grade 6 workstations.

jonp

Yes, they do. My class at signalling school included three people going straight into Grade 9s.

Incidentally, both ROCs around here include at least some Grade 6 workstations.

Thanks for that. Out of interest what region are you in?

Do you know why they recruit direct at such grades? Is it that people don't want to move, or that they don't like the ROC concept - they must be very different than a conventional box....

Or are they looking for 'different' types of people?

TomBoyd

Thanks for that. Out of interest what region are you in?

Do you know why they recruit direct at such grades? Is it that people don't want to move, or that they don't like the ROC concept - they must be very different than a conventional box....

Or are they looking for 'different' types of people?

All the jobs HAVE to go on the internal site before they go external, so for whatever reason, sometimes the internal applicants aren't applying.

Also bear in mind that an internal applicant isn't always a signaller, often they're platform staff, or back office people looking for a change.

We just need more people.

Welsh1

This might be a bit late to help but I couldn't agree more with the comments.

I've just accepted a grade 7 position coming off the street and at the age of 22, keep firing in the applications you only need one to work out.

All the best

TomBoyd

I've just accepted a grade 7 position coming off the street and at the age of 22, keep firing in the applications you only need one to work out.

All the best

Welcome to the company! Don't **** it up!

NX

Me and Welshy both start soon, after over a decade on the TOC im looking forward to the change.

K8tie

All the best

Same for me, I'm 21 and will be starting training for a grade 7 post soon. I work for NR already but just an office based role.

Status
Not open for further replies.