• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Signaller references

Status
Not open for further replies.

Webby

Can anyone give me info on acceptable references i have only ever been self employed so cannot provide employer references who and how many will be acceptable ? Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

godfreycomplex

Established Member
I too had only been self-employed when I started as a signaller, and if I gave my honest opinion on how NR HR dealt with the situation I would probably be self-employed again PDQ!
Anyway, enough doom and gloom. Are you still in touch with your last place of education? You could try there I suppose, or if someone gave you a few days piece work, or even the Job Centre maybe. Just keep waggling pieces of paper in front of HR until they bite. It worked for me!
Above all don't lose heart, you'll find someone to give you a reference sooner or later :)

Status
Not open for further replies.