• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Signaller Round 2 Assessment centre

Status
Not open for further replies.

MG65

Apologies if this has been discussed previously. I have been informed today that I have passed the SJT's and have been invited to an assessment centre to sit a number of tests for the role as a Grade 3 signaller. I have a copy of the recruitment information booklet that outlines the types of assessments I can expect.
Can anyone who has sat these assessments recently give me some tips or pointers on sitting the assessments. What to look out for etc. I am particularly nervous about the fault finding assessment

Secondly I assume that if i am successful and get called in for an interview , the interview will be on another day? or does it take place later the same day as the assessments?
Many thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

mresh91

Interview is on another day, usually a few months down the line even! From the assessments, X number of highest scoring candidates who passed get through to the interview stage. If you have ten candidates and they all pass, then only the five highest scoring will get interviews, something of that sort.

As for the test, they're relatively straightforward, if you're not sure be sure to ask them as they'd go through it and won't start unless everyone is clear and on the same page. The faultfinding test I done involved a train track, different lenghts of trains and the different signals which will apply to the trains involved. I can't explain it properly here, but it's by far the easiest fault finding test I've done.

As I said, go through the booklet and you'll be fine. On the day of the assessment, if you're unsure in the slightest, ask them. And the only one true advice I can give you is if you're doing a high/low tone counting exercise, USE your fingers if it helps you, I know it certainly did help me.

MG65

Thanks for the response mresh91-most helpful. I have been in the same job for 20 years so the whole new job interview process is a distant memory for me.

Established Member
Might still be the case but the interview I had was done by the local Mobile Operations Manager for the signal box, and was a good few weeks after the assessment centre.

nom de guerre

Might still be the case but the interview I had was done by the local Mobile Operations Manager for the signal box, and was a good few weeks after the assessment centre.

Usually, interviews are done by the LOM (Local Operations Manager) plus an HR person.

Status
Not open for further replies.