• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

signaller selection process

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charl1e2

Has anyone recently gone through the signaller selection process?

Most of the info I can find talks about being invited to the assessment centre after submitting an application but my husband has been asked to do SHL tests online. It has a link to practice tests but there are loads on there from verbal reasoning to spatial ability, to calculation tests.

Will he need to do one of each of these tests or is there a specific one to practice before logging in to do the proper one? He's at work at the moment so I'm just trying to figure out what he needs to do.

Has he done well to get this far or do they get everyone to do the SHL tests?

Thank you

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
Normally the company picks the ones depending on the job type, so it could be any of them, but you are normally told if you get through the first stage of the application process which ones you should practice.

Unfortunately it is a few years since I did my signaller application and we had to go the tests at Network Rail in Manchester.

Donachie

Has anyone recently gone through the signaller selection process?

Most of the info I can find talks about being invited to the assessment centre after submitting an application but my husband has been asked to do SHL tests online. It has a link to practice tests but there are loads on there from verbal reasoning to spatial ability, to calculation tests.

Will he need to do one of each of these tests or is there a specific one to practice before logging in to do the proper one? He's at work at the moment so I'm just trying to figure out what he needs to do.

Has he done well to get this far or do they get everyone to do the SHL tests?

Thank you

Everyone has to do SHL tests and I think, the top rated marked applicants go through to next round which is assessment centre. Your SHL test results are not disclosed but are valid for a year at least, so if you apply for another role you don't need to do this again.

Good Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.