• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Signaller west hampstead/kings cross

Status
Not open for further replies.

Webby

Anyone who applied for signaller kings x /west hampstead been invited to assessment yet?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TomBoyd

Mate. There's no point just spamming the forum. You'll know when you know. Get used to waiting, network rail don't do anything quickly.

Webby

ITS NOT SPAM ITS A QUESTION didnt realise this was your forum mind your own

mresh91

You've created numerous threads on one topic, asking the same question over and over again. In 2016, we call that spamming my friend.

Just for the record, I have applied for the position but haven't heard a thing. Seems pretty normal to me as far as Network Rail is concerned, as was noted by TomBoyd. And yes, I know the scheduled assessment date is around the corner, but TomBoyd is correct, welcome to the world of railway recruitment!

Last edited:

nom de guerre

ITS NOT SPAM

Yes, it is.

You've started five separate threads relating to this vacancy during the past fortnight. Four have basically asked the same question: 'Anyone heard anything?'. Why not keep everything in one thread and just keep bumping it? It would be less confusing and, certainly, less irritating.

Remember; if you make it to Kings Cross or West Hampstead, you'll be dealing with frustrating situations on a daily basis. You'll also have to function as part of a team, and listen to the advice of more experienced colleagues - like Tom Boyd. You're not going to last very long if you start chucking your toys out at the first sign of adversity.

godfreycomplex

Established Member
I'm sure none of us meant to be unkind, bouncing off the walls (as, in the nicest possible way, you seem to be) waiting to hear something back from HR is incredibly dull and very frustrating.
However, as nom de guerre says, the role of Signaller has one dealing with frustrating situations on a daily basis, no matter what box you're in. I was as frustrated as you probably are now waiting for my assessment, and believe me when I say that adopting an attitude of what happens happens when it happens (or whatever buzzword you want to attach) will not only stand you in good stead in the assessment, but at signalling school and in the job as well.
Above all, try to keep active and cheerful whilst you're waiting. It'll happen sooner or later, you've got this far after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.