• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Signaller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mtrain

Hi all,

Quick question is a job as a signaller safety critical?

TIA. M

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mtrain

Thanks. That’s what I thought then someone put a thought in my mind as it’s mostly computers now it may have not been. :)

Tom Quinne

On Moderation
IECC Control Centres are still a very small part of the overall signaling control in this country.

Tom Quinne

On Moderation
Yes, I am one. Medically though we aren’t certified to PTS safety critical standard, whereas a signaller at a traditional trackside or track access to box are.

Llanigraham

Established Member
Yes, I am one. Medically though we aren’t certified to PTS safety critical standard, whereas a signaller at a traditional trackside or track access to box are.

Have to correct that, having worked a manual "trackside" Box; we weren't PTS Certified as it was deemed that if we needed to go trackside we would/could provide our own protection. I think only one of the Boxes in our area were all PTS Cert and that was because they had to go out and exchange tokens.

Tom Quinne

On Moderation
PTS medical standard, as in ears/eyes etc all up to the mark - I’ve defective sight so I can only work in a multi manned location.

Pav

Yes they most defintely are, as signallers with even things like high blood pressure get put on restricted duties and are unable to signal.
Tom Quinne, which box you work at?

Status
Not open for further replies.