• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Signalling at Ruislip depot

Status
Not open for further replies.

brick60000

Evening all

When going past Ruislip maintenance depot this evening on a Chiltern service, I saw what I thought looked like several red/white shunt disc signals, but depicted digitally on a (mini) theatre indicator in red and white. I’ve never seen anything like this before - was I seeing things, or does this actually exist and if so does anyone please have some photos?

Many thanks in advance!

Brick60000

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Evening all

When going past Ruislip maintenance depot this evening on a Chiltern service, I saw what I thought looked like several red/white shunt disc signals, but depicted digitally on a (mini) theatre indicator in red and white. I’ve never seen anything like this before - was I seeing things, or does this actually exist and if so does anyone please have some photos?

Many thanks in advance!

Brick60000
Shunt signals on the Central line are of the fibre optic type since resignalling; you’ll find them all across the Central line anywhere that requires shunt signals to be displayed.

Probably a few other examples elsewhere from more recent resignalling, ones that I can think of in my head are at Terminal 5 on the Piccadilly, Uxbridge sidings on the Met, & Triangle Sidings on the District.

bluegoblin7

Established Member
Acton Town too
Hammersmith (Met) had several, ordinarily suppressed, until abolition in March 2019 (OZ25 in this example).

The multitude of differences between NR and LUL signalling catch many out!

Attachments

• 2E91FE63-D852-4B23-AE4B-CCA09237B5CA.jpeg
    2E91FE63-D852-4B23-AE4B-CCA09237B5CA.jpeg
    694.2 KB · Views: 48
Status
Not open for further replies.