• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Signalling failure on Glasgow's South Side

Status
Not open for further replies.

michael769

Established Member
There has been a major signalling outage at Busby Junction near Pollockshaws West that has essentially crippled services between Glasgow and East Kilbride, Barrhead, Kilmarnock and Carlisle since the start of service.

Things do not seem to be improving with NRES now reporting that disruption is expected to continue for the remainder of today.

There are currently Bus Replacement services between Glasgow and Barrhead/East Kilbride with an hourly train between Glasgow and Kilmarnock. I also understand that Scotrail have been experiencing difficulty procuring sufficient buses, though they seem to be OK just now.

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/service_disruptions/54992.aspx

A signalling problem is causing disruption between Pollokshaws West and Glasgow Central.
Because of this, buses are replacing trains between Barrhead / East Kilbride and Glasgow Central, with journey times extended by up to 30 minutes. This will continue until the end of service on Monday 22 July.
An hourly train service will run between Kilmarnock and Glasgow Central, departing Kilmarnock at 37 minutes past the hour, and Glasgow at 22 minutes past the hour
Alternative Travel Options
Passengers may use Virgin Trains between Carlisle and Glasgow
Passengers may also present their tickets for use on First Glasgow buses between Nitshill / East Kilbride and Glasgow Central.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ben.A.98

I don't think that Scotrail have been having much luck today. The signalling problems started early this morning, and there was also a problem with a bridge somewhere as well. That seems to have cleared now but there are more signalling problems by Inverness and Aberdeen now.

tsr

Established Member
Apparently there is a "complex problem" with the signalling at Busby Jn, immediately after a possession overrun. I have no further detail on what the problem actually is, as of this moment - partly because I am in the South of England and not near anywhere I can find stuff out anyway...

Status
Not open for further replies.