• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

"Signalling problem at Longton" - two days!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OuterDistant

According to NRE, buses have been replacing trains between Uttoxeter and Stoke since Friday evening due to a signalling problem at Longton.
A signalling problem is causing disruption between Longton and Stoke-on-Trent.
Because of this, the following changes will apply until further notice.

• No East Midlands Trains services will run between Uttoxeter and Crewe
  • Buses are replacing trains between Uttoxeter and Stoke-on-Trent
  • London Midland services should be used between Stoke-on-Trent and Crewe (these services will call additionally at Longport)
  • Journey times are being extended by up to 45 minutes

Is anyone able to expand on it? Two days seems a very long time for a problem at such a tiny box, unless something has gone wrong at Stoke Junction.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bunnahabhain

Established Member
The problem I know is at Foley Crossing. I don't know what that problem is however! Emergency engineering works are taking place today, so ontop of engineering works between North Staffs. Jn. and Tutbury & Hatton, nothing can run between Derby and Stoke, so EMT are bussing passengers between the two.

mafrere

It does seem a long time. Buses are fine except they never go to Blythe Bridge. With the flooding at Uttoxeter that seems to happen frequently and now this, getting from Stoke-on-Trent to Blythe bridge by train is becoming very hit or miss!

Kt

To answer your question, complete loss of power supply in the Foley Level Crossing area... It appears quite a few location cabinets were completely dead.

The issue seems to have been resolved this afternoon with the cause being down to rodent damaged cables.

mafrere

East Midlands Trains have said at 7.30 pm they 'don't know how services will be affected that far in advance' in reply to a question as to whether the Stoke to Derby train will be running in the morning.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I was also told earlier on today that the problem was because of the heavy snow.

tsr

Established Member
It does seem a long time. Buses are fine except they never go to Blythe Bridge. With the flooding at Uttoxeter that seems to happen frequently and now this, getting from Stoke-on-Trent to Blythe bridge by train is becoming very hit or miss!

I am able to confirm that buses were running via Blythe Bridge today, although I am not sure how often. I assume the number and frequency of calls would have been proportional to a normal Sunday service!

Mugby

Established Member
I wonder if the rodents came from the Pizza Hut next door to Foley Box!

Status
Not open for further replies.