• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Signalling School York 13th June 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

WestRiding

Nice box Kiveton. I used to work at Sheffield PSB...... then it shut down. Now signalling trains at Sheffield from upstairs at the ROC.

WestRiding

Seems a little strange at first, seeing trains pass through York that you have nothing to do with, or perhaps signalling a train on Sheffields patch and an hour later it reappears in York. Bit strang just not been able to see Sheffield any more, and whats going on locally there.

WestRiding

Im not busy personally, didn't know about it till you posted that. Dronfield is a hot-spot (for want of a better word) for such things. Fast bit of track, and drivers don't get much visibility because of the corner.

Ashish237

Anybody get reply after 2 stage of application for telephonic interview?
Want to knw what types of questions they ask I already research some but someone who already given telephonic interview ? Pls share your experience .thanks

lcplandy

So are you signaller 62 and pineapplespike starting the course a week on Monday as I have a place at York starting then. I'm still waiting for my joining instructions

lcplandy

What hotel are we staying in? I don't know anything yet start my induction on monday

lcplandy

I've got a weeks induction. I'm andy by the way I'm going for the beeston box near Chester

lcplandy

Hello mate. What box are you going for? I can't wait a decent job for once no more powder coating lol

signaller62

Hi Andy: I will be a Relief Signaller working Nairn - Forres - Elgin (assuming Signalling School goes OK of course).

I'm an old bu**er - 55 next January - ex Forces Aircrew/Merchant Navy Navigator.

Left Forces because of Defence Cuts in 2012; left Merchant Navy for Signalling to help out at home with my elderly mum - sadly too late but I will crack on with Signalling. Seem a good bunch...so far! :D

lcplandy

Sorry to hear about your mum. Seems like a good group so far on the course I'm sure we will all pass. I'm looking forward to a decent career again not just a job
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Is everyone travelling up sunday or Monday?

I'm travelling Monday :( would have preferred Sunday because otherwise I'm getting in at 8.48 and have to lug my case around and then store it somewhere until I can check in after lessons

t o m

I'm travelling Monday :( would have preferred Sunday because otherwise I'm getting in at 8.48 and have to lug my case around and then store it somewhere until I can check in after lessons

They have a luggage room at the training centre you can leave your case in.

Brill, thanks Tom :)
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Are either or you getting any revision done, or has the football distracted you? (I'm completely distracted currently watching dirty Wales play hehe)

signaller62

Been busy doing 2 week induction & asking questions. Did the "homework" bar getting all the names of personalities.

Off in 50 minutes - getting the 1014 Nairn Aberdeen then Aberdeen York.

Should be in hotel 1900 ish I guess.

lcplandy

I had a weeks induction got to pull some levers and send some bells. Lots of bells to learn. I'm quite excited now can't wait to start. I probably won't be saying that tommorow after 2 hours on the train and all day in class lol

Ooooh jammy!!! What time do you get in tomorrow morning? I'm jealous you've got to have a play!!! You're going to miles ahead of me :-/

Status
Not open for further replies.