• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Signalling School York 13th June 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

lcplandy

Our box is a fringe box so one side is old school absolute block bells and dials the other side is panel block so it's just simple letting trains past there's a crossover but it's hardly ever used. I get in at 8.20

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TomBoyd

Ooooh jammy!!! What time do you get in tomorrow morning? I'm jealous you've got to have a play!!! You're going to miles ahead of me :-/

When i went on my course I was the only one there that didn't already work for Network Rail!

Don't worry, it will all level out very quickly.

lcplandy

I've never worked for network rail. Just got 3 days in the signal box. I was expecting not to get the job as there were 5 people going for the job internally.

signaller62

The pace is a akin to a Harrier taking off! Vertical Learning "Curve"!

Great Instructors, facilities & fellow course members. Everyone pulls together.

10 in our group & we split into a 3 3 4 grouping for the Sims.

Handling multiple trains & remembering to send the appropriate Bells to the correct Box is my nightmare!

Mikesig

The pace is a akin to a Harrier taking off! Vertical Learning "Curve"!

Great Instructors, facilities & fellow course members. Everyone pulls together.

10 in our group & we split into a 3 3 4 grouping for the Sims.

Handling multiple trains & remembering to send the appropriate Bells to the correct Box is my nightmare!

They key thing to remember is to not be afraid to make mistakes on the SIM. It's much better to make them there than in your real box. I'm sure Carl will do everything to help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.