• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Signalling

Status
Not open for further replies.

mwnl

Hi, am new to this forum so thought would just say hi. I currently work at Halifax signal box, the land of the dmu's. Only seen 1 freight train in 3 years!!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Toots

There was a job at Milner royd didn't you fancy that?,you'd get more variation,not sure if it's the same grade as you though,Halifax is a 3 isn't it?

mwnl

it is a grade 3 like me, dont get me wrong Halifax is quite easy and nights are a doddle just sick of seeing the same crappy units all day long!!

You seem to know your stuff, where do you work?

Toots

Other side of the border;),actually you are probably better staying put,I've not heard anything about the writing being on the wall for Halifax,but plenty of other boxes seem to be on the way out,especially on the Lancs/Mancs side....

mwnl

I dont intend on moving to be honest, thought about pushing myself and trying for York IECC but its easier to stay put. We are due to close in 2016 but I cant see it happening as it will cost billions to shut all the boxes on my line.

Status
Not open for further replies.